First time grow, help would be nice?:)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MMOG, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Hello,

Me and a friend have recently decided we wanted to attemp a grow. I have spent the last few days trying to find out how to do it correctly. I feel as if I have a good understanding but could do with additional answers to the questions below:

1) what's strain is best for first time (ideally want a good yeild as well)?

2) can we use fluorescent lights throughout the whole cycle? (Veg and flowering, if so what wattage would we require etc and if possible some links to the appropriate lights would be handy). Also we only plan to do 1 plant at a time. I have looked into HPS lights for flowering but seems a bit expensive to run a HPS.

3) what size pots shall we use for each stage?

If you're able to answer any of these questions I would appreciate it greatly. Also the space where we wish to grow is limited in height. Also me and my friend wish to do this as cheap as possibly.

Many Thanks

2. I dont know about strains I grow bag seed Fluorescent lights can be used the whole time I think cfls would be better for you fluorescent work great for vedge they make them in the blue spectrum just for growing I would still recomend an hps for flowering they sell lower watt ones at Wal-Mart that are 70watt hps there about 30 bucks can probly find them cheaper if you dig I strongly recomend hps for a good yeild your one plant is going to need about 100 watts of light so two of those 70 watts would do wonders in flowering its just as exspenseve as running two normal 100 watt bulbs I barely noticed when I used my 150 hps now I running 2200 watts of hps and thats noticeable in the bill for sure but well worth it Start in what ever pot you plan to use the whole time less stress like 5 gallon pot or whatever the biggest you can affort bigger is better I start mine in solo cups and wait till there 5 inches tall and then transplant into my buckets if you wana do a little first grow you could just grow in solo cups the whole I currently have a few that are in solos and flowering nicely

3. i use cfl, if you use the rigbt spectrum and have enough wattage you can grow buds that can match hid quality

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. CFL work well for a grow if used right. You can get by with 4 26w bulbs for a small plant but I suggest 8 for a good yield.  At that point you would be better off running 200w of HPS.  CFL are just cheap to buy.

I germ my seeds and put them strait to a 3 gallon planter.  5 gallon is ideal if you have the space for it though.  If you need to get them started in something smaller then Solo Cups work.

Oder is probably the most underestimated part of the grow. 

5. use 6500k cfls for veg
    and 2700k for flower

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app