First Time Grow--HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SFamilyRep, Apr 4, 2015.

1. What's up guys, this is my first grow and I need a little help.

A little about my grow.....the strain I'm growing is World Of Seeds Strawberry Blue (free seed I got with my order from Herbies pick-n-mix. Anyone try this strain yet? Opinions?My grow medium is soil, 70/30 mix of Miracle Gro Nature's Care Potting Soil (I know lol) and perlite. I started my grow in a red solo cup and transplanted her into a 3 gallon nursery pot at the 3 week mark.I've been using 1 100w CFL, but added one more once the plant was transplanted. At this point my plant 23 days old and looking pretty healthy. I've also been using just straight pHed water. Here are a few pics I took on day 21.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428181825.458334.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428181905.867034.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428181936.519168.jpg

Now to the questions I have. I recently purchased the Fox Farm Nutrient Trio & I HAVE NO CLUE on where to begin. I've been researching how much and when to feed but get so many did dent answers that really doesn't apply to my grow setup

1. How much water would be good enough to supply my plant RIGHT NOW. Should I be feeding my plants 3 gallons of water because it's a 3 gallon pot? 2 or 1 gallon?

2. Should I be giving my plant the full recommended dosage that's on the feeding schedule? Or 1/4 dosage like I've heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You're right- start with 1/4 strength nutes.  Watering is tough.  You don't want the soil saturated.  Lift the pots and get used to how they feel dry then you can tell when to water again- when the pots are light.  Overwatering is very common.  I don't know about the nutes.  My nutes come with a specific feeding schedule and I grow hydro so it's a bit different.  Are there nutes already in the soil?

For the feeding schedule I Googled Fox Farm Trio and they had a feeding schedule on line.

Good luck, have fun.

3. From what heard

4. From what I heard Miracle Gro is supposed to have time released nutes.I'll check tho. But when I watered my plant I filled up a gallon jug and poured about 3/4 in. There was a good amount of runoff so that's why I stopped. Thought I might have gave it too much. By i'll try your method.. Might be best to let it dry out a bit before watering next time.

5. Miracle grow does have nutes thats where youll run into a problem especially feeding because the feedkng schedual is bases of a mix without nutes or very little start real llw on dose and slowly go up incstrenght be carefull if she starts looking burnt back off

6. Don't add any nutes to miracle gro soil during veg or you'll burn your plants, when you switch to flower slowly introduce the flowering nute until you reach half strength. I used miracle grow once and ended up flushing the shit out of my plants once those beads started to pop.