FIRST TIME grow experience log and need help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by flasmoke, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Sup blades 8)
    Lately I've been wanting to try to grow and harvest my own bud. So I am gonna try it :D So, I'll make this my log, and post pictures and updates regularly.

The grow will be in my closet. My closet is right by my window which is always open, and I will have a small fan for even better ventilation. I'm figuring out my lighting situation. I'm planning on planting it in a solo cup with holes in the bottom for drainage after the seed sprouts, then once it grows a little I'll move it to a two gallon flower pot. I am using Miracle-Gro soil. I'm figuring out my fertilizer situation as well!

I found an ideal seed, dark in color, no cracks, and I have started my attempt at germination! It's in between three damp paper towels in a tight container to help hold moisture in.

Now for some help!
    I've done research in the forums and I can't seem to be able to answer these specific questions.

First question is about lighting. I'm growing only one plant, so I don't need a huge industrial lamp. Can I get a good small like reptile lamp for it? If so, what bulbs?

Second question is on plant size, I want to keep it roughly 3 ft high and super bushy, is that reasonable with topping and training it?

Thank you and leave tips and comments and answers please :wave:

2. miracle grow + nutes = burns!
    sounds like your gunna end up with a CFL grow!
    Search CFL and start reading.. 6500k and i think like 5200k is what you need..
    That refers to the light spectrum they give off.. light your plant will use!

3. 1: Depends on what you want. CFLs may be the best for you though, you can get an envirolite 250w CFL, one in red one in blue that should do you fine. With CFLs you don't really have to worry about heat build up in your space.

2: Yeah with toppings and scrog you can keep one busy plant really manageable and still get a great yield off it.

Lastly: DON'T USE MIRACLE GROW IT WILL KILL YOUR PLANTS.

Good luck with the grow.

4. Also if you're only growing one plant at a time for personal you might want to look into auto flowering plants. They don't need a 12/12 switch to induce flowering, they're really hardy little plants and they work well in small places. Mi5 or Onxy are two of the best autos for yield and potency about at the minute. Some of the guys are getting 6 ounces a plant from Mi5 indoor.

5. i wouldnt say itll kill em.. i grew 2 plants through flower outdoors with MG moisture control and tap water.. and actually came out really good, just dont have as much control as adding your own nutes.. and because it already had food in it, if you try to feed i can guarentee they will burn up! ive now moved on to a DWC indoors with the Fox Farm line up and General Organics Calmag!

6. but you do wanna worry about the weed smell comming from your window! and if your using miracle grow dont use anything else.. you will burn up your plant! best bet would be some good fox farm soil.. or anything organic and with absolutley no food in it.. theres a thread of soils you can mix yourself and never have to feed! only water! puttin up a little scratch now will make it worth it in the end..

7. the search bar is our friend