First Time Grow - Closet Clone, Random Indica Strain - Hows She Look And Any Tips?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BuddyBogart, Jul 16, 2014.

1. She's on week 4, week 5 will be this Sunday. Using nutes and good soil. Water with natural clean spring water. So far no problems, only the occasional yellow tip on a fan leaf here and there. How much longer would you say to vegetate until it's big enough to harvest at least an oz? All the advice is greatly appreciated, thank you! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405466903.036092.jpg

"I don't always contradict myself. But when I do, I don't"

2. Go ahead and flip it. You said its indica so it probably won't triple in size but it will most likely double. How tall is it? What size pot? What lights? How's the temperature?

3. #3 LazyBlazer, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    Plant looks pretty healthy, i would wait atleast another month to flower.
    You're harvest weight depends...what size container are you using? what light(s)?

4. If that is a 1 gallon pot and one cfl you will have a hard time trying to yield an Oz. Unless you plan on adding more lights. I run 8 CFLs at around 12,000 lumens and I have yet to hit that sort of weight. Though I think my next harvest might be atleast a half O. I topped her twice so that means more buds. I going to try LST and topping on my youngest plant when she gets big enough.

5. ATM I'm using one fluorescent light and one really nice LED light. Not sure on the wat, sorry guys. But I plan on adding some more lights and reflectors. I Fim the plant personally, I'm afraid to stress the plant if I were to top it. I doubt it will get a whole lot taller. I keep a small heat lamp near the soil if you can see. Keeps things nice and humid, without too much heat. I keep a fan blowing the cool AC from my room into the closet.

6. I'm sorta low on funds so I've been skimming by. I can afford more lights. I keep a small heat lamp at the soil. Not too hot, keeps the soil a nice warm temp without over doing it. And forgive me for asking, I'm just new to this, what do you mean flip it? As flip it to flower?

you got skills mate. I hope mine can turn out half as good as yours

7. #8 Breezey007, Jul 16, 2014
    To be honest mate, from what I have read, fimming is more stressful than topping to the plant...don't quote me, but I have read a few journals which indicate that better yields came from topping as opposed to fimming, especially if fimming is done by inexperienced hands. 

An ounce is easily achievable given the right temps/nutes/light etc...I don't know everything, but whoever suggested flipping now is wrong (it is going from 18/6 to 12/12).....wait at least another two weeks before flipping if you want to achieve anything close to an ounce or above.....think maybe you should check the ph too, spring water isn't ph balanced for plants.

Best of luck bud :)

8. You dont need to top or fim a clone. It will bush out if you get some more light on it.

Flip is changing the lights to flowering 12 on 12 hours off.

9. My bad, yes I meant change to 12/12 light. Also I didn't know what lights you were using. CFLs make smaller buds but still very smokeable. Maybe get more clones and more lights if you want more weight like another dude suggested. I literally started with nothing and waited til I could afford an hid (high intensity discharge) and went with that. Its honestly the most expensive thing I had to buy and it was 100 bucks. Buuut now I have a light and reflector that will yield half lbs easilly and the thing is mine.... Forever. Just move up slowly.

10. That's speaking positively. I also didn't know what lights he was using.

11. do you have a good tutorial video on topping? And would you recommend on topping now? And what would I check the ph with?? I've also used reverse osmosis but it's such a fuckin pain lol

12. is it alright to use fluorescent and LED at the same time? I have a few more led lights, but I just need to buy extension cords for them XP

13. #14 tallglassesofmilk, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014

use all the lights you can. When I grow indoors all my lights I use are 1,000w.

Mix of CFL and LED is just fine. Im of the school that LED's just dont cut the mustard yet, they are toy lights.

Bigger/more lights do grow bigger buds. My light make it real easy to get a quarter pound a plant without taking long at all.

15. thank you! So I should invest in lighting mainly? I'm sure I can put something marvelous together. What's the cheapest but most effective lighting?

If you have the LEDS use them, CFL bulbs work great.

If you keep growing in the future you can invest in a higher powered light.

Here's my last harvest and I was far from crowded in my flower room..

View attachment 1489251
    View attachment 1489252

17. #18 Breezey007, Jul 16, 2014
    I'm new to this too bro lol, but I have been lucky enough to be given some amazing advice from experienced growers on here, so I will impart what I know, and I'm sure somebody brighter will turn up eventually with even more knowledge lol :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMcJE8n8QU This isn't the one I watched, can't find it typically, but it seems to explain everything you need to know about topping....As a newbie I can't even begin to explain it half as well as a pro, but I do know that by topping you essentially gain extra colas by chopping the node.....I think you are growing an Indica strain yeah?, so height won't probably be an issue, but if you top early on, you create more bud sites, therefore increasing yield.

I think you are growing in soil, if so then this is what you need to maintain ph balance http://www.digital-meters.com/chemical-analysis-c2/ph-meters-c28/sinometer-soil-ph-tester-sinometer-sph-20-p73/s84?gclid=Cj0KEQjwopOeBRC1ndXgnuvx8JYBEiQAq4RPt2KV0Xwe_zGPnnkB4PwufJ4TazZXgK63zoSDCwu3Rf8aAufc8P8HAQ

Cheap and cheerful, will keep your ph balanced and help bring along the healthy nugs you desire!.

Just noticed Snoop is on this thread....listen to that guy, he knows stuff! :)

Oh and also mate, use HPS to flower, it will massively help!.

18. Yeah if you have the bank roll HID light are the way to go. You are growing in a closet, if you are limited to that space go with low watts like 250w-400w to keep you temps at a good temp(lol). Topping it very very simple. You just bend the top of the new growth until it pops of. I will get the video for yah in a sec