first time grow (closet) ak48.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by suckmyjesus420, Dec 24, 2012.

1. doin my first official indoor grow decided to play it safe with one to get the idea. started my journal a lil late but just in time for the flowering. I'm using 3 65k and 2 27k cfls, gonna try cfls the whole way thru and only a few days till I change the bulbs and light schedule. wish me luck.

Attached Files:

2. it's makin me upload each picture one at a time.

Attached Files:

3. I took a few pics while she was veg.

Attached Files:

4. I took the pics on my phone so the quality isnt the best.

Attached Files:

5. ..........

Attached Files:

6. This year for Xmas I'm go myself a timer and time to flower. ;)

Attached Files:

7. she got big in a week. got a lil burned from the cfls moved them pretty far away when I went on vaca. excited to see how big she's gonna get after she's flowered.

Attached Files:

8. decided to add coffee grounds and banana peels when I re potted her and she seems to like it. curious to put orange peels idk if they'd do much but I heard a rumor it gives the plant a bit of a citrus scent. haven been able to find much on orange peels besides It helping add to a compost pile. would like to hear an experts opinion...

9. she's gettin big.

Attached Files:

10. it's been 10 days since I changed light schedule and she's showin signs of female. pretty excited, even tho she's suppose to be a lady it was still a bit of a cross your fingers feeling when I changed schedules.

11. gonna have to invest in some more lights she's still shootin up.

Attached Files:

12. Your probly reachin the end of your stretch now... its usually about a 2 week ordeal, then it shits out so you should be bout there... more light is always good tho...

13. Whats the wattage on your cfls and whats with the coffee grounds?

14. my cfls are 23 watt, she's got over 100w runnin on her but she getting some dark spots. but hopefully she won't get too much bigger. ya I made a lil compost pile before I re potted her and switched schedules mostly coffee grounds and banana peels. the coffee grounds build a fungi that is good plant food, and some old school growers told me when I flower to use banana peels aka potassium it'll help alot. I'm workin on a budget don't judge lol.

15. If you check out my thread, i know budget.. im the king of tin foil.. im not knockin it, im diggin it... studyin as we speak...

16. I like low budget grows, my shit looks ghetto as fuck but i got good weed... dont stress it, learn from it... thats how we roll... i just plan on addin somethin small every round.. eventually my shit will kick ass.... looks good for 23's bro

17. preciate it. ya it's interesting seeing ppls grow journals when they're on budgets. didnt you recently do a journal? I migh be trippin and thinkin your someone els... but I feel ya on addin somethin every round, I own a landscaping business and figured some of the knowledge I obtained over the years from bein half Mexican would benefit. like instead of expensive plant food make a compost pile. so I figure have my first run on some free seeds and if all goes well just keep at it.

18. Sounds like a plan.. i am finishin up my first thread and startin a 2nd, probly a 3rd in next few days... i had the same thought, try a round or 2 with some cheap shit to get it down first, second round just started for me, and i just recieved some genetics, so my second round will be the bagseed and add in the genetics as time goes... keep us posted and pics are always encouraged...

19. ya I've been takin pics of her every other day. been trynna take pics of her pystils but i have the shitty iphone but i think i might have to try your $2 diy laser pointer head trick. that was legit dude for real. (and if that wasnt you my bad im usually smokin when j read grow journals cause its just impossible not too) but ya gonna invest in more seeds for my phase 2. unless I wanna dabble with clones.

20. That was me, i still use it.. i like to video with it so i can look at them later... i would like to get a 60x-100x but for now it does a great job... my budget went for the lights so most everything s diy and household clutter for now... i want to find a good used 600 wqtt hps for my next purchase at income tax time...