First Time Grow Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mhjon2001, Mar 15, 2009.

1. I posted this in the grow room setup section too.

Ok So as it stands right now i have plants in 6x6 pots that are contained inside a 5gal paint bucket from home depot. I have two of these with a total of 6 plants. 3 of which are marijuana seeds that have been sprouted for 7 days now. Currently there is one 30w CFL in each bucket that stands 2 inches from each plant. I'm going to be building my grow box out of 2 plastic crates stacked on on top of the other. Specs should range about 2'x1.5'x3'. I know this doesn't give me much room but i'll be using LST methods to get the best of my plants for such a small space.

MY CURRENT PROBLEM:
    Temperatures are currently stable at 78F with a large box fan blowing air straight down into the tops of both buckets. My concern is that I won't be able to cool the box down enough to have decent temps.

I plan on cooling the box with an inline duct fan but i'm afraid that the temps won't be low enough. Without the box fan the temps can get as high as 90F. So, my question is what size inline duct fan? 4", 6", or 8"? Also, I'll be building a carbon scrubber soon. Will I need another fan to push air out?
    Thanks in advance.

2. what time of the day do you have the intake/exaust fans running?

3. Well right now there's only one fan for an intake and it blows 24/0 same as the lighting schedule. It's one of those 2'x2' box fans.