First Time grow box/adventure

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Michaelalbino1, Jan 18, 2013.

1. #1 Michaelalbino1, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    Hello Grasscity:wave: . After reading post after post on this form on how to grow weed I decided to make my own grow box reading that it would be much more rewarding. With little equipment and tools this is what I came up with. On the top is a DIY light fixture. It holds four 42 watt daylight bulbs 6500k. The two bulbs that are hanging are 45 watt 6500k full spectrum. On the top left corner I have two fans that blow hot air out. In between those two fans is DIY carbon filter I makes(also from reading on the site). On the bottom I have four fans that brings in fresh air from the outside and for reflective material I'm using mylar. I have the lights on 18/6 and I'm doing that with a timer. Apart from the bc this is day 1 of my official grow. I finished germinating yesterday and they were planted in fox farm ocean soil today. The strains I planted are Grand Daddy Purp, Purple haze, jack, and Blue Dream. For later on the nutes i will be using to feed my ladies Willmthe whole line of fox farm nutes. And yes I said ladies because I bought them feminized. This is my first grow and I'm super pumped. If any one has any constructive criticism It would be greatly appreciated. Peace and love:smoking:

Attached Files:

2. For a first timer this is just great. It seems like the top is sagging. Remember that these plants are going to be in here a long time and with moisture it might get wet. Another thing. What's the lightbulbs at the bottom for? Not only does it seem unsafe, but you'll want those higher for the plant's benefit anyway. These CFLs do best 2-3 inches away from the plant. Above and to the side, but not below. Watch the heat. The bulbs on the top seem awful close to the top. Is it made of cardboard? You will need a small fan inside the enclosure for air rotation. Secure the top, watch the heat and you enjoy your farming.....

3. Thanks for the advice. I moved the lights 3 inch away. I build this box out of a bookshelf. I'm working on another growbox thats bigger. I'm going to be posting pics tomorrow

4. im making a stealth grow closet 5ft tall 41" wide 23' deep using a hps/mh grow light with all white walls planing on making a carbon filter and air cooled hood this will be a all soil grow with one plant any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. Wow dude, very nice!! +1 ...think you need more pc fans :p j/k

Building another box, eh? It's a hobby unto itself, always planning a better build.

Cheers and good luck!! :smoke:

6. You need to have your lights sideways not up and down from my knowledge