First time grow! Any tips on adding last minute whieght or frost in last few weeks?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ahicks207, Mar 2, 2019.

1. image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Started through veg with 1 1000 watt led When flipping to flower I added another 1000 watt led and 1000 watt hps

3. overdrive i always add it to my nute regime

4. I know people who swear by changing out the hps with a 10,000k finisher bulb during the last week to 10 days. Say it basically gives the plants a sunburn and they produce more resin to protect itself. Adding UV-A can also have a similar effect

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Actually those are cmh. My bad, not sure if you can get a 10,000k spectrum hps bulb

6. ive got one and used it and i noticed nothing

7. Oh no shit? I haven’t tried them myself, my buddy who owns a hydro store here said he ran two plants side by side, same schedule same nutes, but ran the 10000k at the end, said it was noticeably fuzzier and when tested was 3% higher thc. He also could have just been trying to sell me another light tho haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. yes I got 1 too but luckily you will know better they do say it stress the plant to produce more trichs it's bs it does stress the plant and that's it just stress trichs flavonoids terpenes are all genetics

Attached Files:

9. Interesting. Thank you both!

10. U can stress the plant to produce more but its minimal,,now if ur growing on big commercial levels n really have every single thing dialed in to a freakin "T" co2,,lights,,nutes,,medium,,ect ect then ull start noticing but other wise its a waste of effert imo

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

11. Killin it! Looks like you have everything dialed in pretty well.

What medium are you growing in, and what nutes are you running?

That’s quite an endeavor — maintaining a garden that large on your first go at it is admirable, especially since all of your plants look healthy and appear to be happy. Keep it up!

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

12. I used fox farm ocean mixed with perlite worm castings , bat guano n chicken fertilizer. N followed directions on the fox farm grow big /big bloom / and tiger bloom when in flower. I honestly went way to big for me n my situation for a first grow. I should have gone with two maybe 3 plants to start. I’ve been very lucky as far as my ph has been great and no probs with powder mildew untill last couple weeks or so. I’m running Girlscout Cookies. Super Lemon Haze Blue Cheese Pineapple Chunk and two clones I had been given that I don’t know their genetics

13. Idk if I went over board with things or didn’t do enough. So far everything’s gone pretty well. I believe a may have topped them once to many but idk. They are very short( like literally rite above the top of the 5 gal bucket. I would def change that next time and let them go taller before starting the lst and topping but I can’t complain on what they’re doing . Way way more work then I ever imagined. And I could have put hours more into these if I had the time ! Very much a new found respect for growing and people who have full gardens !