First Time Grow Advice - Flower Day 30

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lilmink, Dec 7, 2019.

1. #1 lilmink, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Using FFOF soil with fix farm trio nutes, topdress a little EWC here and there. I haven't checked ph. Using 3 gallon fabric pots , two sf2000s in a 5x5. Started with 3 clones and 5 bag seed. Got lucky and all 5 bag seed were girls! Let me know if you need anymore info. I am just looking for opinions on how things look pretty much halfway through flower.

Attached Files:

2. for your first grow you should be happy. I don’t see any issues. There is always room for improvement though.

What kind lighting do you have?

FFOF contains crushed oyster shell. Zero reason to worry about ph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Using two sf2000s

4. lighting set up?

5. lighting is on the weaker side for a 5x5.

6. Why do you say that?

7. wtf is sf2000?

8. Spider farmer

9. Amazon says the sf2000 is made for a 2x4 flowering area.

The stats are 200 watt draw and a 5x5 tent is 25 square feet , so 200 divided by 25 is 8 watts per square foot. People aim for 30-40 watts per sqft .

The recommended 2x4 is 8 square feet so 200 divided by 8 equals 25 watts per square foot . Weak but closer to 30-40 area

• Like Like x 1
  10. If we go by everyone’s favorite measurement on GC your tent would only be at 16 watts per sq/f. At a minimum you’d want want 2 more of those lights in there.

11. He has two of them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 lilmink, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Could you explain to me or point to a thread that explains why you need that much higher watts per sq ft? Trying to learn as much as i can. What does more watts bs less do specifically to the plant and the flowers etc. ?

If i leave it how it is currently how is that going to impact my harvest?
    Other then getting 2 more lights is there anything else i can do to my setup?
    Would pushing things together into a 4x4 ?

13. Yes it will impact your harvest. One way of quantifying Dry yield is by measuring gram per watt. Average growers on HPS are around .5 grams per watt. Good growers .8 - 1.0 and ontop of their game around 1.2. I think the cmh guys are up around 1.5 grams per watt last I read but I don't have any interest in LED stuff so you'd have to double check that on your own.

Say you're a one gram per watt grower , your light will only produce 200 grams.

14. Watts is a good reference, but you really want to measure your light is PAR. We know exactly how much PAR these plants like and at what points in their life. PAR meters are available. Or you can get a lux meter and then convert the lux into PAR and get your reading that way. LUX meter is a lot cheaper.

15. 200 grams? Per plant? :yay:

The reason i got this light is it claimed 2.2g/w

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marketing scams.

17. 200 grams per light not plant. in a 5x5 area I would have 4 plants. Each taking a 2.5x2.5 square . 200 grams on 4 plants in a 5x5 is like airy popcorn. Someone with a 600 watt HPS would get 3 times as much in the same area with the same plants . 600 divided by 25 square feet would be 24 watts per square foot. 1000 watt HPS in a 5x5 is 40 watts per square foot and 5 times the yield with the same plants and space.

Again I only know hps figures, someone else would have to chime in with numbers on cmh or LED

18. What would cause it to become like airy popcorn?

19. What you put in is what you get out. Light is energy and life uses energy to grow. A plant can only grow as thick and as big as the amount of energy it's given to do so with.

20. 200 total. Gonna need more lumen love!

Plants are actually looking great fantastic job so far! You should feel proud of yourself! So proud to buy yourself another light because you’ve found something your getting better at and now you need the tools!

Invest brotha it’ll pay off!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1