First Time Grow, 250w, HPS

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by WarioA805, Mar 18, 2013.

1. My first ever grow got handed down pieces and parts for a setup trying to get the rest of what I need together. So far I have a small closet with two clones under a 250watt hps bulb. Have a vent out with filter and 6" fan also a fan inside to circulate air. For veg I'm giving the plants Sensi Grow part A and B with VooDoo Juice I got the water ph to 6.34 and ppm 1040. So remember this is my first time give me all the advice I can thanks I will post some pictures

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a good start, plant looks crispy though. What are the temps like? Are you pulling air out from the top of the room? What else can you tell us about your set-up?

3. I'm pulling air from the Top of the room I had them for about a week now. And I'm not shure on what the temp should be or if the plants are to close to the light.

4. My Setup
    -closet 2.5'x3.5'x8'
    -2 clones in Rock wool (OG KUSH)
    -transplanted with Happy Frog organic soil
    -250watt HPS built in ballast
    -ventilation out with filter and 6"fan
    -small fan for room air circulation

For nutrients I used Sensi Grow part A and B also combined with VooDoo Juice
    Ph - 6.34
    Ppm - 1040

? What should the temp be in the room ?
    ? Should I trim off dead leaves ?
    ? How far should the plant be from the light ?
    ? Any tips and advice ?

5. Hey wario,

Ok there is a few things...

pH is perfect don't change it, but your ppm IMO is way too high, the plants still seem very young so I would lower it by at least half, to about 600-500 ppm could even go to 400 as it seems like the plant is suffering from over nutes, thats why the leaves are dying.

Temp. should be around 26*c (don't know *f, think anywhere from 70-80 should be fine).
    Keep the lights as close as possible without burning the leaves and getting too hot. if its not too hot lower those lights, if not keep it where it is.

6. the general distance test seems to be the back of your hand at plant tops...if it's to hot for your hand the lights are to close..burnt fried plant is a good sign your to close also...

Buyer Guide growlightsdirect.com

chart about half way down the page might help..your 250 has a effective distance between 2 and 3 ft from plant tops..:smoking:

7. Yeah I'm really noticing a lot of fresh growth on the plants tops and bottom branches the dryer leaves were the original couple from the clone stage. I will try and make some more nutrients with a way lower ppm see how that does.

? Should I trim or cut any dead leaves off ?
    ? How much can u yield from my set up ?
    ? Would it be better to fill it up with more clones or just grow the two ?

8. any leaf that still has green is still working ..i like to practice something called LITFA..or better known as "leave it the F$#@ alone"...the more you mess with and molest it the more you slow it down..just my 2 cents worth..

as far as plant count that 250 will grow 4 ..you can try more but as they flower they will crowd up even just 4..

yield will depend on strain and your skill as a grower

9. Like to update my progress plants are looking good. Wasn't getting much growth on the bottom leaves. So i started to try the (LST) training on my plants showing lots of new growth