First Time Grow 2009 *Very Basic*

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by babyplantgrow, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I blindly purchased seeds off marijuana-seeds.nl last summer, and didn't understand growing or the lighting patterns and tried to grow them during the end of summer and winter. Nothing was growing so I gave up, moved on but had planted 1 last seed before I gave my seeds away to my sister and her boyfriend. Needless to say it sprouted and started to slowly slowly grow through December. I had planted it in the shade. The weather started warming up here, and I tranplanted the plant into the direct sun light. It went through transplant shock, but recovered nicely. It's still fairly small but has been growing wonderfully ever since. I have only the 1 plant. I dug up soil put some cheap organic soil down. I buried it and its rained occassionally lately so I haven't been watering it, and the ground has been fairly moist so I just ignore it, it's getting a lot of sun now (SOCAL WEATHER) and once the spring comes it should really take off. I've been uploading pictures weekly to a photobucket account created solely for this grow. Ya'll are more than welcome to check it out and visit to watch it's continuous progress. http://s661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Babyplantgrow2009/
    Here's a few recent pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow that's looking really nice. What part of SoCal? I've been thinking it was too cold for them to grow outside right now, but if yours has gotten that big even through December I'm sure mine would do just fine.

3. I'm in Inland Empire. It's rained a couple times lately but its pretty much over now and its been nice and sunny.

4. Took some pictures today and uploaded them on my photobucket account. All I'm doing is watering it every couple days and letting the sun do its thing. You can see some weird marks on some leaves, these are reflections from balls of water, I sprinkled some water over the plant. Here's a couple of the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Nice, what strain?

6. When I bought 10 bubblegum seeds online i got 5 extra free seeds of Afghani x Mazar. This is one of those free seeds. And it's showing its female sex. :)

7. the plant is kinda small to be showing sex, is this an auto flower strain?

8. #8 jones, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009

size dont mean nothing about showing sex...
    wow thats a nice start you got goin there for this season.. and since you kno its female now you could clone that one plant into maybe 2 or 3:wave:

edit do me a favor and read this and inply this on your plant it will be well worth it i promise
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

9. Thanks for the information. I'll definitely check that out.

10. March 7 Update:
    Here's a few. More pictures can be found in my photobucket account.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. the plant has grown to about my knee. getting bushy. branches growing off branches growing off those branches. had pinched it at the top so its grown 2 new branches off where it was cut. plant growing like crazy and its only march...will update later today with pictures.

12. Looking great.The plant has the waxy leaves and purple stems of most mazar plants i've seen.Sometimes the little plants can be more potent than the big ones.

13. Here's some pictures taken today. The plant looks bigger and better in person.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. My plant is getting some serious bushiness and size on it now. If anyone is interested in some updates i"ll take a few pictures tomorrow when the sun comes out.

15. nice work man! + rep.

16. Thanks! Here's some updated pictures taken earlier today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]