Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time glass owner help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mrmuffinman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Just bought a quality piece of glass from a good smoke shop in town. ( wide selection of brands ).

I went with a silika bubbler, and spent about $250. ( came with nail and dome ) .

Whats the best way to store this so that it doesnt break? I am paranoid about it just getting knocked over if its sitting in my closet or something around oter items.

And after a session when i dump the water out, how do i dry the inside of the piece to reduce grime/odor?

2. Put it in a box. If the box is too wide stuff some t-shirts or towels in the box with it, to keep the bong nice and snug.

Also, rinsing the bong out with soap and warm water repetitively immediately after use will keep it from being grimey.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Guest, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

Yes good habit, but I learned when you have a large sesh, saving the washing for another day  :smoking:  ;) .

4. Yep, it is inevitable that the bong will sooner or later get grimey.

5. I hide my bong in an old tripod sleeve/case. Just hang in on a hangar in my closet and nudge it between my clothes. Simple.

6. #6 rain dancer, Nov 8, 2013
  7. I have what I like to call my "bong blanky" which is basically a small thick black towel that I wrap around my piece before I put it back in the cupboard.

8. Don't use soap in your bong!

Clean it exclusively with iso and sea salt!

Unless you feel like investing in bong cleaner such as formula420.

Rinse it with water after each use and it will greatly reduce the grime. Clean it once a week and it will never be dirty.

9. Iso and sea salt isn't necessary after each use? Only after it is already grimey.

And what's wrong with soap to prevent grimeyness? I've always used soap and have never had a single problem.

10. #10 Deleted member 629842, Nov 8, 2013
    Soap (sometimes) will not only leave an odd taste if you don't wash it out enough, but a friend of mine had some problems with soap stains even after washing the piece out a lot. 

Clean the bong water every day, Iso + Salt every two weeks works the best in my opinion. 

11. Y'all buying that cheap walmart brand soap shiiiiiit. :p

12. I put mine in a guitar case, works well, discrete and also protects it, if I'm moving it around I usually throw a towel around it just incase

13. If you can safely shake it with hot water, a little soap and some Epsom salt in it it will scrub the inside walls really well. Just be careful as it can get slippery and if you don't feel comfortable trying it don't do it cause it will shatter if you throw it :(

I do this before bed every night...well not if I'm using a Chinese piece...and in the morning after a nice rinse it's sparkling clean and has no odor. I do it obsessively but every few days would keep it nice.