First time germinating

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blitz9256, Oct 8, 2012.

1. #1 blitz9256, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
    So I've done a lot of searching and have found a lot of different germination methods. But which way is best for me (a noob)? I was planning on using this method:

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/15076-germination-420-a.html

The steps seem easy and I have good soil and seeds, so can I just do that? Or is it a lot better if I use rockwool or the shot glass method? I'll do whichever it takes to get a higher germination rate cause I only have a few seeds, I just want to get started asap and get them in soil within 2 days or so. Thanks.

2. [quote name='"blitz9256"']So I've done a lot of searching and have found a lot of different germination methods. But which way is best for me (a noob)? I was planning on using this method:

Germination 420
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/15076-germination-420-a.html

The steps seem easy and I have good soil and seeds, so can I just do that? Or is it much better if I use rockwool or the shot glass method? Thanks.[/quote]

Paper towel method works well. I use a tupperware container as well.

3. I used the shot glass method for my 1st germination last month, and after 24 hrs all 4 were floating until I touched them and they sank. Was going to go to paper towels but all 4 had the tap root showing (1 barely) and put them in party cups (I use coco). The next day or 2 all 4 sprouted and are healthy today. Good luck!

4. I consistently get the best results (healthiest plants, highest germination rates) by starting my seeds directly in the soil, planted about 1/4" down. If you must, go for the "shot glass method" and then put them directly into the soil once they crack. I would advise you to avoid the paper towel method. It will absolutely work to germinate your seeds (moist environment + seed=germinated seed), but there are far better options.

• Informative Informative x 1