First Time Feedback

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jmb4139, Nov 8, 2010.

1. First time growing, plant is about 5 weeks old now just wondering what you guys think about it.....about 8 inches tall....... top 44

Attached Files:

2. Looks good. nice and healthy and green. I would love to see a side view. :)

Good luck.

3. I agree with reef, that's a nice looking healthy plant. are you going to top it? or FIM?

4. dangerous what would you recommend, probably FIM?

5. In order to make that determination, you have to understand what you want to get out of it. If you want to grow two main colas, then you should top. If you want to increase the growth of your lower nodes temporarily, then you should FIM.

Personally, I like to FIM and LST. Great results.

Good luck.

6. So for topping I would just cut away the stem before the last node? I think it has 6 nodes now and the seventh is coming in.....topping would allow for more light to reach bottom growth correct? Sorry I'm new to this....if you could give me some direction on how to top my plant that would be appreciated:)

7. I would stay away from topping, whenever possible. You don't want to play with your plants too much since that can ruin a perfectly good grow.

Let the plants do what they are going to do - in my opinion.

These plants look good right now, why mess with them?

8. Here is a side view, tell me what you think

Attached Files:

9. Here is also a picture of some little ones I started a few days ago

Attached Files:

10. jimi are you talking about doing that to my plant thats like 5 weeks old or the smaller ones?

11. well looks like you could do it to the 5 week old one if the stem is still preety flimsy if you feel it will break then i wouldnt suggest it but deffo to the smaller ones .
    you can get alot of weight off a lst grow. did you look at that thread?

12. yeah i looked at it and it looks pretty self explanatory.....i will def do it with my smaller ones, how much do you think i will be able to yield off the other one just growing it regular?

13. depens if you wait long enough to go all the way around the pot then top it . and what nutes you use and how much wattage you use. id say a minimum of an ounce to ounce and a half

14. using 150 watts right now and using 20-20-20 right now

15. thats actuall wattage right not equivelant
    id say no probs with 1 - 1/2 ounce

16. im doing royal queens amensia haze and im targeting 2 ounces. im using 130 watts and jacks classic 20-20-20 during veg and jacks big bloom during flower , i also plan on topping after every 2nd tie down