Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Experience Q's?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by sonoran, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Sup GC, I had a few questions about making edibles.

My girlfriend wants to experience being high, but she absolutely hates being anywhere near smoke. I suggested edibles and she sounded like she was willing to try it. I was wondering, though, that with edibles being a more intense high, would eating brownies be a bad idea for a first time high?

Also, I can look up the different methods and things myself, but I'm more interested in opinions with this part of the question;

Oil or butter, which do you prefer and why?

I'm probably going to be making brownies if that helps, and those mostly take oil if you get it from a box I think.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. edibles first time is a bad idea, edibles are way crazier then smoking, if you have no tolerance then it's almost a different drug, definitely start her with smoking/vaping i strongly advise against this, edibles last HOURS smoking lasts like 1 hour and a half at low tolerance,
    she will likely freak out, a couple hits off a pipe should do good plus some good food to eat so shell know food tastes good high
    one bad experience could set her off of weed for good

3. If my first edibles trip had been my first trip, I'd have probably never touched the stuff again. Thankfully that was not the case. I understand your situation though. Make her a really small dose to where she can just barely feel it then after an hour or two, if she wants more, give her a little more.

4. #4 BadKittySmiles, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
    Assuming she's against vaporizing, and rather than trying to make a weak oil, and risk either having it come out too weak, or accidentally too strong, your best bet would be to make the strongest, best oil you can.. then only give her the smallest, tiniest, most minuscule, controlled amount.

It may take two or three sessions to find the best amount, so explain it to her that it's ok if she doesn't feel much of anything the first time, because it's much better to feel nothing, than it is to feel it too strongly when you're not expecting it. You don't want her first time being distressful for any reason, especially if you want to continue to encourage her to share the hobby with you :)

I'd suggest following one of the below recipes for oil and edibles, but only use a fraction of the oil you'd normally use, in the snack you decide to make... make them into roughly .10g - .13g herb/bud-per-edible doses, knowing a normal herb (rather than hash) dose would be .35g. Save some of the oil for later if you want to make more, and expect that you'll need to eat up to three of the weaker edibles yourself, in order to achieve a good effect.
    But you'll want her to start with half of just a single edible, at that low strength.. it's not a waste if it doesn't work right away: She can always eat more in 30-40 minutes, but it's hard to un-eat an edible, once it's kicking in, and it's kicking in HARD :) :

Photo Tutorials, edible recipes, and how to make potent, highly activated bioavailable canna oil and edible extractions:

In-Depth Photo Tutorials for...

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Canna BOMBS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UV Reactive **Glowing** Hash Candy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chocolate & Almond Hash Ice Cream

[​IMG]

And a drinkable...

**Glowing** Strawberry Mango POW! (right in the kisser..)

[​IMG]

Another option, is diluting a small amount of oil into a full meal.

You could woo her with a special canna dinner... make her remember the occasion in an extra-positive way, which she'll associate with the herb in the future :) The dose besides being small, should be very diluted, and won't be as intense or overpowering making it a good option for a first timer.

Smokin' Hot Ham

[​IMG]

Have fun :)