First time dwc grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by meke_ifl, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

Thought I'd introduce myself as I am a newbie here.
    Going to give dwc a crack, want to maximise the space I have and am seeking advice to be as efficient as possible where I can.
    Thinking of diy 50L top fed bubbles.
    Starting with 2 systems x 6 pots each then as they get bigger transplanting to individual systems.
    I was originally thinking of only 4 plants in the tent but then thinking I should try and utilise the space I have.
    Again this is first time with dwc, have very little experience with soil. (3 grows) but new absolutely nothing prior to that.
    And to be honest I probably didn't learn a whole heap as well due to the teacher not really teaching me and wasn't really in to it as I seem to be know.
    I've been doing a lot of reading and videos etc...
    It's like I can't get enough info.lol
    Loving the knowledge of only reading and want to get experience in.
    So any helpful info would be much appreciated.
    I haven't set up yet or anything because I'd like to get some views from you experts on the forum......
    As soon as I do I will be posting pics hard....
    So thanks in advance for reading this and all input will be much appreciated.

Lighting:
    2 x 600w mh/hps cool tube

Ventilation:
    6" fans

Odour:
    Carbon filter

Grow tent:
    2m x 2m x 2m

Nutrients:
    GH 3pack

Dwc system:
    50L 6pot top fed bubbles

Testing:
    Ph meter, hygrometer, lux meter, ppm meter

Want to sgrog and Lst as well as I never did it with my soil grows because I never knew about it.

Will be starting from seeds in to rockwool.

Germination not a problem, but have never used rockwool before....lol

Once germinated seed goes into rockwool do I let sprout with or without light?

Do I use multiple 50L systems or get single buckets??? Or??? Idk.....

I think 6-8 plants should be ok in the 4m2 space I will be using.

Thanks again....
    Meke.....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Skimmed your post........"over my head" if you will so I will leave it to members better suited to help ya out.....just wanted to let ya know """we""" arent reading and "forgetting"..:passing-joint:

3. What do you mean by 50l top fed bubbles? Are you saying a 50l resovoir with 6 plants in each?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Professor, yes I mean 50L res with 6 plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #6 ProfessorKhaos1337, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    I would recommend that each plant sit in its own resovoir. Each plant has slightly different needs and growing them out of the same resovoir makes it hard to treat any deficiency. Not to mention those plants will be way over crowded, and the root systems will all grow together. My first grow I put two plants in each 20 gallon resovoir. This grow I'm only doing one plant per resovoir and it has worked out great.