first time DWC grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dun, Nov 19, 2012.

1. #1 dun, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    hey guys im planning my first time grow and i want to use a DWC system.its going to be in a 2 x 3 closet space.with a 400-500w light (recommendations on type please). Ive only smoked different types of strains, this would b the first time on growing some any recomendations? I dont know which products to buy to add to the water.and what to use rock wool, soil, or the pellets. im going to try 2 plants to start off this trial and error run. if you guys could help and educate a youngin to prosper in his first grow id greatly appreciate it. im trying to map out my set up and estimate cost first

2. [quote name='"dun"']hey guys im planning my first time grow and i want to use a DWC system.its going to be in a 2 x 3 closet space.with a 400-500w light (recommendations on type please). Ive only smoked different types of strains, this would b the first time on growing some any recomendations? I dont know which products to buy to add to the water.and what to use rock wool, soil, or the pellets. im going to try 2 plants to start off this trial and error run. if you guys could help and educate a youngin to prosper in his first grow id greatly appreciate it. im trying to map out my set up and estimate cost first[/quote]

I suggest reading the hydro section of the forum.

I personally run bubble buckets (5gal) I use advanced nutrients jungle juice for nutes. I also use rockwool to start my seeds/clones then use hydroton (clay pellets) as my medium.

A good beginner strain is white widow, very fool proof. I suggest Herbies seed bank (if you haven't already bought seeds)

Edit: a 400w light will be plenty for 2 plants (even up to 4 plants max) I would buy an electronic ballast so you can have both MH and HPS bulbs (MH for veg and HPS for flower)