First Time DWC/Coco/LED Tent Grow - Hawaiian Headband

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by calikevin87, Apr 24, 2018.

1. #141 calikevin87, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Maybe that's why the higher ppms didn't hurt the plant at first, I was having temp issues with it going up to 90-95 some days until I got my fan configuration sorted out.
    What would you recommend using for an iron foliar spray? The only nutrient I have with iron in it is the FloraMicro and it has 5% Nitrogen, 1% Potash, 5% Calcium, Boron 0.01%, Cobalt 0.0005%, Copper 0.01%, Iron 0.1%, 0.05% Manganese, 0.0008% Molybdenum, and 0.015% Zinc.

I just realized how nearly none of the nutrients contain and decent amounts of iron. I'm thinking I might be best off just using some of my tap water as the foliar spray? From what I can find on my city's water quality, the iron level is around 300ppm but I'm having a hard time finding current exact numbers.

I'm going to start flowering in the next 15 days most likely, should I be letting the chutes stretch upwards towards the lights until then or should I still be bending most of the taller ones down? @Tbone Shuffle

• Like Like x 1
  2. I mean ppm co^2 in the air, you can use rusty nails just throw some in a bottle of spring water and shake it around till the water is rusty and use that as a feed it's organic.......spray right b4 the light comes on iron moves slow through a plant so it may take at least 2 days to show signs of recovery treat with iron at least 2 times then moves the light a lil higher if it doesn't recover

3. Oh shit right, my bad, I have an Exhale bag but it didn't seem to do much for the co2 levels, they stay around 500 on average.

I'm going upstairs right now, I'll see if I can find some rusty nails somewhere and get some Iron supplement going, lol. Never would have though of that.

4. 300ppm iron in your tap water! That sounds bad for your health lol. Whats the total ppm ?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. What lights you running cause altho light bleaching can happen ive had my leds this close without ill effects and before others say its cause there shit lights these are cree XMl 10w white diodes and cree 5w blue ans red diodes and this light was from advance led the XML350. And it dodnt bleach any plant ive had infact from the 13 different pannels ive tried not 1 has bleached my plants. Screenshot_20170519-193331.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. You got anymore recent pics i see on one pic lower down is more yellow than the tops?

7. Rust or iron oxide isnt water soluble not unless in very very low ph water..... so you mayas well just sprinkle rust on ya plants if you did this before it may be why it didnt work. ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Iron isnt soluble in water nor is rust(iron oxide) otherwise alot of metal structuresin water would just dissovle and they dont lol they can oxides further and you can make smaller pices of metap but its not soluble in water especilky with a nuteral or close to nutral ph . So it wont raise raise the ppm of the iron all you get is iron flecks on ya plants and maybe in your budss your best off using an actual suplimebt that contains iron that the plant can use alot of the elements thT a plant use have to be made avaliable so you cant just chuck say zinc in water and spray a plant it wont work also you dunno what else thoese metals are leeching into the water.

Molassas has iron and fair bit of it thats avalible for the plant and youll notice within 3 days but only if its not spreading cannabis doesnt repair leaves so the only way ypull notice an improvement is if it stops getting worse.

300ppm in water is high but wont harm your plants.

Without giving away location can you post the water analisys you have

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lol, if it helps figure out what is in my water, I don't care if you know what city I live in, not like I'm giving my address out. Here's what I found for water quality-
    Consumer Confidence Report — City Of Oxnard

Here's a pic from yesterday showing the contrast between the dark and light leaves-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm running 4 Photon Fantom WaVy Boards, all 4 are running at a total of about 280W.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You got any liquid magnesium and your water iron is parts per billion PPB so a lil molassas in ya water will help with iron and that dont look like light bleaching

Also have you flipped it to flower?

11. Ahh your pannels are like quantum boards white height you got them at from canopy

12. Day 45:

Still getting this weird burn/drying on just a couple of leaves, everything else seems to be fine with the exception of the yellowing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front-
    [​IMG]

Right side-[​IMG]

Main top-[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After emptying the bucket and starting fresh, here are my numbers-
    [​IMG]

I also noticed this chart on the back on an insert that came with the pH Up/Down kit, according to this Iron intake is increased with a lower pH, so I wonder if I should drop the pH a little more temporarily?
    [​IMG]

And here we are after some trimming, tucking and LSTing:

Main top-
    [​IMG]

Super-cropped
    [​IMG]

Right side-[​IMG]

Front-[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Opened this little spot up, want to see how these little tops look in a few days-
    [​IMG]

Left side-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's what I took off, yes it looks like a lot, but honestly I was overwhelmed by how crowded it is in the middle of the plant on the right side and I had to stop, I feel like I could have safely kept going-
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yea they are, last night they were about 8 inches from the highest point on the plant, I raised them up a good few inches last night but forgot to measure of course.

14. I have not flipped to flower yet no, still vegging on 6/2 light schedule. Planning to flip end of the month.

15. Id have them 12-15 inch away but ive not owned QB boards but 12-15 has alqays been good for most my pannels.

Id give her a mag cal iron spray or at least if you have it magnesium foliar spray

I used to have a cal mag spray that also had iron and nitrogen in that was good

Or if you can get it in usa formulex that stuff is perfect foliar spray the girls love it

• Like Like x 2
  16. It may not be water soluble but the stoma will take the iron in for the plant.........

17. Thats gonna give you a very nice yeild. Good job

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dont think stright up iron is gonna be avalible for the plant to use. Id use an actual spray with iron or a nute with iron they dont need a huge amount its a trace/micro nute they dont need loads

• Like Like x 1
  19. Plants can only take on ferrous iron not ferric

There are four different ways that iron can appear in water. Ferrous iron, also known as "clear water" iron, is water-soluble and dissolves into the water underground where oxygen levels are low. Ferric or "red water" iron is not water-soluble and adds red, brown or black sediment to the water. Organic iron combines with organic materials in the water, giving the water a slight yellow or brown tint. Iron bacteria are a form of nonpathogenic iron-rich bacteria that thrive in soil and water, creating a gelatinous slime that may be red, white or orange. Ferrous iron is the most common type of iron encountered in water, especially in deep wells or other groundwater.

Plants use iron as a part of the energy creation process. As plants grow and undergo photosynthesis, they draw iron from the surrounding soil, and in some cases this may leave the soil with a low iron content. Watering plants with water that contains ferrous iron helps to replenish this iron in a form that plants can absorb and use. While water containing ferric iron replenishes soil iron levels as well, it is not as readily used by plants and will not provide the plants with the same benefit.
    So i doubt putting a rust nail in water will do anything even via the stoma which you may block the stoma are small they iron would have to be way smaller and beig insoluble it wont dissolve.....
    Also stoma are 10-50millionths of a meter.... so the iron would need to be way less .....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Would any of these be worth trying? This is all Home Depot had for any sort of sprays that contained Iron-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to a doctor's appointment right now and will probably stop by Greenthumb on my way home to see what they have.