First Time DWC/Coco/LED Tent Grow - Hawaiian Headband

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by calikevin87, Apr 24, 2018.

1. What would you guys recommend for drying and curing the bud in an easy home made fashion?

I'm also looking into getting more nutrients for my next crop, @Tbone Shuffle how is the Nectar for the Gods line working out for you? If nothing else I'll probably just pick up some more GH nutrients.

2. Looks like it needs another week or two to me. I like to watch my new pistils. On the larger main tops I'm looking for at least 70%-80% done pistils if not more. I don't want to see many white hairs on the upper portion of the main tops. Those mean it will continue to get larger.

Have you noticed a slow down in feed rate yet?

I love the nectar for the gods stuff but I'm not running their whole line so it's hard to say. They have some great supplements though. My plants seem to love their liquid calcium. Calcium deficiency is a thing of the past lately.

It's nice to see all that supercropping come together. You're getting it down.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank you, I definitely have the super cropping down, what I really need to work on with my next grow is making sure I recognize which chutes aren't going to have a chance to reach the top and remove them earlier on. I gave too many stragglers a chance to catch up, which they never did, and I'm pretty sure it hurt the growth of other buds at the top of the plant. Next time I'll definitely be more adamant about what stays and what goes.

Glad the Nectar for the God's is working for you, I contacted them trying to get one of the sample kits, and they told me that they don't recommend using the products with a hydro system... So they won't send me a sample kit. It's essentially up to me to figure out which products I need and which will work in my hydro system.

I'd say the hairs are at about 60% so yeah another week or two should be good. Should I be flushing or using any florakleen or anything like that these last few weeks?

4. That figuring out which shoots to save is a constant struggle for me as well. I always feel like I never remove enough at flip. It's hard to cut off those beautiful branches.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's why I've never fully converted to their stuff because it's not for DWC. They actually said it worked in DWC last I checked and the first time I ever saw the nutrients at all in was with someone running them in an undercurrent RDWC system.

I really feel like their calcium supplement is the best thing I've added from them. I quite using calimagic and I've had zero calcium/magnesium deficiency.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. What would you guys recommend for the easiest way to dry and cure the bud here at home? What do you usually when that time comes?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have a drying rack and place a fan on low on the floor under it. Humidity is at 50-55. Dry buds on stems for 3-4 days then chop off stems and into paper grocery bag for 3-4 days, then weighed and jarred. I could probably raise humidity a touch and extend dry time by another 4-5 days, but this has been working so far

• Like Like x 2
  8. How about after you put them in the jars, do you burp the jars or air them out at all every so often, or do you have bovida packs?

• Like Like x 1
  9. First week, burp when I can. Once a day, every two days.

Second week on, once or twice a week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alright so... What's going on here? We've had a few abnormally hot days lately so I'm hoping this is some sort of heat damage, please someone tell me it's not something worse.

This marks day 71 of flower.

IMG_20180809_005312.jpg

IMG_20180809_005306.jpg

IMG_20180809_005240.jpg

IMG_20180809_005254.jpg

11. It looks like they are finishing up. Are you referring to the yellowing?

12. Yea the yellowing and drying-up of a few of the leaf tips there.

13. Are they drinking less that you notice? Day 71 of flower, they have to be close. Are you still feeding them?

14. I have an 8 tier apollo hanging drying rack from amazon. I only use the top 4 usually. I hang it from the ceiling above my stereo amp. I get good air circulation in this room because of the tent exhaust fan so I don't use a fan to blow on the rack. With no fan they are dry enough for jars in 5 days no problem. After that I use integra boost 55% humidity packs and open jars daily for 5-15 minutes or so the first week. Sometimes after you first put them in the jar they moisten up and I'll dump them back on the rack for 10 minutes then jar them back up.

I start smoking it after the 5 day rack dry but the flavor improves in the jar.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The last two days they seem to have drank more than normal, but like I said it's been pretty hot. I'll check the leaves again after 8pm when the lights come on, hopefully the leaves have improved with a little extra water last night.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Okay so yeah, the burning/drying is definitely worse than it was yesterday, but we are also still having a heatwave.. it was 85 degrees in the tent when I went upstairs at about 9pm. It didn't seem to drink a whole lot of water last night either, maybe a half gallon or so. Is she just finishing up or is something else going on with her?

IMG_20180809_211804.jpg

IMG_20180809_211818.jpg

IMG_20180809_211838.jpg

IMG_20180809_211858.jpg

17. @Aquakush @Spanish@rcher @Tbone Shuffle what do you guys make of the leaf tips in the last two posts? It's a bit warm again today so I'm getting a little worried that the plan is going to get ruined in this last week or two..

18. Some of the pictures of nugs at the bottom there look kinda similar but overall I don't think so, it's happening to more than just the leaves at the top. I will try moving the light up but I am essentially out of headroom in my tent.

19. Yess.. Another hot ass fuck day, hoping you find some advice/suggestions!

• Like Like x 1