First Time DWC/Coco/LED Tent Grow - Hawaiian Headband

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by calikevin87, Apr 24, 2018.

1. I like the look of this line of nutrients, I'll definitely be looking into them a bit closer. Do you know if any of them are high in iron off the top of your head?

Going upstairs now to snap a few pics and measure the lights.

2. 10" is crazy close. Could be your problem. My light is about 28" away from my plants right now. It depends on how strong your light is but even my 60 watt veg lights don't run at 10".

2 days since flip. I have one in the back that's a little mad but it's shaping up. I just have to train a little bit more during stretch and I'll have a nice canopy. 4 plants in there. Blueberry, BlueDream, Grand Daddy Purple, and Skunk #1 IMG_0936.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Iron is needed in such low amounts you'll usually get all you need from the flora line or calimagic if you use it.

If I thought one product in that line might help you I would try the kelp extract foliar feed. Kelp is a treasure trove of micronutrients and probably does have some iron in it. Kelp also contains high levels of plant growth hormones. It's like HGH for plants.

FN bloom also has some Kelp I believe. https://www.oregonsonly.com/poseidonzime/

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. You think that could be the cause of the yellowing? The lights have always been just under the 18" threshold, being as close as about 8 inches from the highest point at times. The reason for it being so low was to penetrate deeper into the lower canopies and get some of the lower tops forming, but since they are mostly all formed I'll make sure it's at least 18" away now. The lights are running at about 70% capacity, still haven't heard back from Arrow about exchanging the driver. I'll probably have to bite the bullet and just buy the 2100A driver outright when I have the cash for it.

5. I bet it starts improving in the next couple of days. 18" was too close for my plants the first few days I put them in the flower tent. I just raised up the lights a little and they improved the next day.

6. I almost can't believe we've been going back and forth this long and we never talked light distance. What a stoner I am.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wow, kelp.. Okay, that's like the main ingredient in the House & Garden Root Excelurator, maybe I'll try making a foliar feed with some of that.

[​IMG]
    It is derived from kelp, but does not say anything about Iron at all. Should I still try and make foliar spray with it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Haha, comes with the territory. I'm still upstairs doing a little foliar thinning and topping off the res. The lights were about 6 inches from the highest point, and I raised them up to 18" above the highest point. We'll see what happens in the next day or two. I'll be back with some pictures in a few too.

Should I be starting any lollipopping yet, or any other form of trimming that should be started in this last week of veg?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Update for last night, I got tired and passed out. I topped off the res with some pure pH'd water, dropping the ppm to the 530 range. I'm fairly certain that it went back up the 800 range today, so I'll keep dropping it until it stays steady.

Day 54:

A little yellowing/drying on one of the older leaves-
    [​IMG]

Left side showing new light height-
    [​IMG]

Front-
    [​IMG]

Right side-
    [​IMG]

Rear-
    [​IMG]

Main top-
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Much happier today. I might be switching to nectar for the gods. It's good stuff. IMG_0937.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. #191 Tbone Shuffle, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    It's pretty much bible DWC or hydro in general advise that if the ppm goes up as water goes down then lower the ppm. If ppm goes down as water goes down then raise the ppm.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Very nice, I'm filling out the form to have them send me one of their sample boxes. Glad to see its working well for your ladies so far

• Like Like x 1
  13. As with any nutrient line you don't by any means need all of their stuff. In particular so far I'm impressed with Gaia mania and it's actually one they used to sell as a stand alone nutrient. It's comparable to Fn bloom. It's pretty much all you need in many ways.

14. I also like their ph down and up because of the different non-chemical base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. If a supplement is meant for foliar feeding it will have instructions on the bottle for mixing instructions. If it doesn't I wouldn't do it. Almost every plant nutrient bottle I have has foliar feeding instructions.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Hahahahaha, crap, of COURSE you would reply while I'm upstairs doing the foliar feed! I just did a quick google search and found an OLD FAQ on a forum that's not even on House & Garden's website anymore stating that Roots Excelurator is NOT to be used for foliar spray. :bang:

I used a small amount of Root Excelurator and some FloraMicro since it has Iron in it. Hopefully this one foliar feed won't screw up the entire grow.

Photobucket is having some major issues right now, I'm sorting through all my pics so I can add them t this journal properly, I just have so many to go through, nearly 500 pictures for 55 days :eek2: I'll upload tonight's pics shortly.

17. #197 calikevin87, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Here's the update for today. I also updated the journal in the first post since Photobucket is being a bitch.

Day 55:

Topped off the reservoir again, she's drinking just over a gallon a day right now. Still trying to drop the ppm to a more acceptable level, it seems to only be rising up to about the 700s at this point.
    IMAG0899.jpg

Left side-
    IMAG0893.jpg

Front-
    IMAG0894.jpg

IMAG0895.jpg

Right side-
    IMAG0896.jpg

Rear-
    IMAG0897.jpg

Main top-
    IMAG0898.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. I have to say it appears to be enjoying that increased light distance. I think you might finally have got her happy again. I love the looks of all those tops. That looks like a plant that's going to get you a good yield.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wow it's beastin it in there your doing awesome

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ahhh!!! That would SUCK!!! :eek2: