First time doing this!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by csmass1, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Ok,

So this is my first grow ever, and it is a totally new experience for me. I just started 4 seedlings 5 days ago and all 4 have sprouted and are starting to grow well in my 3x3x6 tent. I am running a 400W digital ballast with a MH for veg and Hps for Flower and 105 Daylight CFL for low lighting initially.

I have a few questions though for the veterans:

I have really low humidity, at about 40%ish give or take. Is a humidifier the only way to get the humidity up?

Also, My temps are in the low 80s 80-83.... and I have a 250CFM fan with a cooling hood vented and an HT 900 honeywell blowing strait up and a smaller oscilating fan gently blowing on my babies. ANyone have any ideas? I was totally not expecting my 400W system to heat up a good 8 degrees....

2. Try venting out of the room your growing in. Open bucket of water will raise humidity, though not sure if it will be enough.

3. I'm not a vet but from what I've worked with and read 20-50 humidity is fine. And your temp is right around the hottest you want. 85 Max.

4. really? I just put a glass 9x9x4 pan filled with water in and zipped my tent up. TBH i can't keep myself from checking on the plants every hours haha... Never thought I would be this excited! :yay:

I do have a little seedling starter with a dome and mat I had them in at first... if that would make any difference.

How do I vent out the room I'm growing in? I opened the windows and opened the shutters a bit since it is in the 50s outside. Currently, I use this room too play video games etc in. Would that be negatively effecting it?

5. If you are worries about the seedlings te. You may want to run son cfls at first. Let heat. Once they are strong enough throw them under the big light.

6. I just want good development. I have the MH all the way up the tent atm. Without the MH on, its 75-77 but still low humidity, and my CFL is only 105, but I am guessing since they are seedlings, that is adequate?

7. #7 Imstarr, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    I was worried about my humidity also it's sits around 30, thought that was low based on grows i have seen on you tube and from what I read but most people I see on here there humidity is right around that so it must work :D and I noe how you feel I check n my seedless lie every ours like there were new borns :smoking:
    Get a nice cross breeze going if you can and keep air circulating will help w venting

8. For a week or two the cfl alone will be fine.

9. Yea they will be fine big dog. Sorry for the bad spelling in in the I phone. Lol yea take a look at my grow my temp was in the low 70's the whole time they stayed in my seedling box.

10. I did the same thing with mine lol every chance I had I was in there! My humidity was like 28 lol

11. Thx for the tips.. I'll keep my journal updated and see these ladies through!

12. 30%-50% humidity is a good range, 40% is just right.

13. So I shut off the mH and with just the CFL and the fans its 72 temp, 50% humidity, which looks pretty good :)!! Saw some more growth overnight.

14. Nice man good to we your girls are doing good! I hope to have some updates on my jut al as well! Ill sub to yours my good sr

15. With the right shit dialed in when everything is running great in my room I see about an inch of growth a day. A new set of fan leafs every day sometimes.