First time doing scrog

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sofreshsoclean710, Sep 17, 2017.

1. i need opinions is there too many tops? It's 8 plants under a 1000w hps in a 5x5 tent the canopy seems pretty even maybe a 2-3 inch difference between some tops. It's my first attempt I'm tired of using stakes and want to get a better yield I'm in week 2 of flower so the stretch should be stopping. And I defoliated everything under the net

Attached Files:

2. 8 plants in a 5x5 tent is too many in my opinion. You haven't done a scrog - you put up a trellis net to keep the tops from falling over. A scrog is a tight screen placed just above the pot to train the branches to grow horizontally. Your plants look healthy - good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You should be ok. Its not a scrog tho.

My mate does it similar and gets about 35oz off 6 plants under 1200w hps

4. I veg in a separate area because I do a perpetual grow so I moved the plants to the flower tent when they were 12-14" tall I placed the net right over the tops and continued to veg and train the plants under the net until they filled and grew into it for another 2 weeks. Once the screen was filled I flipped it to flower. So that wouldn't be considered a scrog? I'd have to veg then flower in the same tent from the beginning to do a true scrog? 35 ozs?? I'll be happy if I get 24 ozs lol.

5. I continuesly tucked the branches everytime they would reach over the screen which would expose the middle of the branch and more tops would come out