First time cloning.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jmallen2525, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Here's what I did. Snipped 10 cuts, shaved the stem and first internode, soaked in clonex gel, placed in root plugs, (I feel the clonex solution may have been wiped off when inserting the stem into the root plug?!) I then put water in the tray and misted the dome, it's under a 24 inch t5 light. My question is 3 days into it, I checked them and the tray was very full of water, I dumped most of the water and the root plugs were pretty soaked, I am wondering if being in that much water during the first few days would have killed the cuttings right away? Also I do not have them on a heat mat. Temp has been about 82 and humidity about 85.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2. I think if the soaking had done serious damage, you would be looking at a tray of wilting clones. If they look ok, I would say you dodged a bullet.

3. #3 jay719, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
    Root plugs are great about maintaining a decent air/moisture ratio. They will only soak up so much water unless you intentional try to over saturate them. I just keep enough water in my tray to touch the bottom of the plugs. They do soak up a decent amount of water, so they will always feel rather damp.

82 and 85 is good for clones and germinating seeds. You really don't need the humidity that high but it shouldn't hurt. I'm using rapid rooters now, and keep my heat mat temp set to 80.