First time Cloning Problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TokenGreen, Mar 9, 2013.

1. #1 TokenGreen, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    This is my first time cloning and I'm about 9 days into the process. The hood on the humidity dome was taken off about 4 days ago. I PH the water to about 6.0. They are in rockwool cubes with a light 6-8 inches above them.

Attached Files:

2. #2 mmman, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    Friend... had this dome been off 4 days, it should have been planted in an appropriate medium 4 days also... any clone should only have the dome off for 20 minutes the first day and an increase of 5-10 minutes per day until the clones can handle an hour of exposure, as roots would have a substantial mass in 7 to 10 days.

If you want to attempt to save these, they should go immediately into a substrate with properly moistened PH'd water, and spray foliage with a .25% of ferts that has all chelated micro's two times the first day, then once the second, then spray with plain water the third; observe and continue until you notice improvement.

3. I thought that the plants were to be put in the substrate when the roots were shown at the bottom of the rock wool. I put them under 18-6 light in a clay substrate. I cant lose these clones, please help!!

4. If you had no roots exposed you should have remained in the cloner, only removing the dome each day until the clones are well rooted, sounds like you jumped the gun, sorry.

5. Trim those leaves back to limit perspiring and put the done back on. Also helps to add a heat may to clones, roots waaaay faster.

6. Just an update. This is about 5 days after my initial post. There are a few roots growing on the bottom of the net pots and about 1.5" of new growth. I think they're going to make it :yay:

photo.JPG