First time cloning help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tweaked, Mar 17, 2017.

1. What should I be doing, can I get high cloning rates. I want to do a sea of green with clones. I have a 4x4x6ft tent,1cfl 150watt lamp, 2 mars hydro led 135+10% true watts lights. I use a 8 inch tall humidity tray with vent holes adjustable, got a 1200 watt(375+10% true watt) led on the way now, and lastly have rootech clone gel. I ph my water to 5.5 then soak pellets 45 degree cut and dip. Any tips would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I plan to defoliate some plants and using those as clones, never done it but my plan is to cut, dip in aloe vera and plant it in soil. Il probably make a cheap dome out of soda bottle.

3. Make sure after you cut the clone to put it in water first right away so it doesn't suck up any air. Then I use rooting gel and powder, stick it in a rapid rooter(again make sure there's an airtight seal around the stem) stick it in a dome, spray with folier spray @ 1/4 strength 2 times a day until you see roots coming out(about a week) then you're going to want to add 1/4 strength nutes to your medium. I've done this every time and have had 100% success rate with my clones. Not one has died.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I forgot to mention, after the water and before the rooting gel , your going to want to scrape the "skin" off the bottom of the stem then split it into two, this creates more of a surface area for rooting gel or powder to hold onto .

5. Sounds good I did a lot of that. Didn't soak stems in water but I let them sit in the gel a few before setting them in the pellets. I did some with a 45degree cut with a t slice in the middle for more root surface. I'm cloning gorilla glue so I'm guessing it will take more then a week. I'm impatient and have trouble waiting on roots to show I guess.

6. Lol that's the hardest part, with cannabis patience is a must

7. I know. But unfortunate for me I take some antidepressants and ADHD meds that make me some what anxious and I got a bit of insomnia. I spend so much time reading new things watch videos and eBay shopping for lights/tents/vents and all the sorts haha

8. Good way to increase your knowledge!

• Like Like x 1