First Time CFL

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SirSmokeToMuch, Jan 19, 2014.

1. My good friend gave me a clone to start up and I think shes perking right up. Im using FFOF and 6 26watt cfl's right now as money allows. I plan on building my own tent or buying one soon as I can.Only question I have is about the. spotting on the upper leaves. I am not using any nutes. And have distilled ph adjusted water. I also dont think its light burn as I have the lights farther away then most people with cfl's. Im willing to take an advice on it though hahaSent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. It's looking real nice man, I like it. As far as the spots I wish I could say I knew what it was but like you said, it doesn't look like heat stress. What's the humidity for the grow area? Hardly ever sober

3. Ranges from 35 to 45%. This is my first attempt, so im bound to overlook something. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Check for tiny bugs man.

you should every week anyway. even if the plants are fine. look on the underside of the leaves.

6. What is the nute content of the soil?

7. I havent seen any bugs at all. I check on her atleast every 2 hours for any sign of change haha. I dont exactly know the nute content but im just using regular FFOF soil right now. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. like low^ said, keep a steady eye for spider mites, ive found little shit eaters on top of leafs so don't limit urself. keep good air flow, heat shouldn't be an issue with cfls. looks very nice

9. Ill definitely be looking now. Thanks manSent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. clones from friends are notorious for spider mites. seed obviously dont have that problem

11. Dont wanna revive my dead thread but it seems that bottom leaves have started to droop and sag dramatically. Is this a sign of over watering? [​IMG]Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. A really good way to avoid mites if you are trading clones is to do monthly sprays with mighty wash while they are in veg.  Any grower WILL get them at some point so it is best to be prepared beforehand.

I think it looks fine however.  One good trick for watering is to not water until it is dry when you stick your finger into the soil upto the 2nd knuckle.  Good luck..

13. [quote name="OneFreeMan" post="19392791" timestamp="1390502883"]A really good way to avoid mites if you are trading clones is to do monthly sprays with mighty wash while they are in veg. Any grower WILL get them at some point so it is best to be prepared beforehand.I think it looks fine however. One good trick for watering is to not water until it is dry when you stick your finger into the soil upto the 2nd knuckle. Good luck.. [/quote]I actually have been doing that and patting the hole over each time. The droopy leaves just put me off as to how healthy she really is. Wanted a second opinion. Thank youSent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 Guest55445566, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    You could probably lower the CFLs a bit.. They also will want a fan on them.  Are you planning to flower with the CFLs?

15. [quote name="OneFreeMan" post="19392905" timestamp="1390504230"]You could probably lower the CFLs a bit.. They also will want a fan on them. Are you planning to flower with the CFLs?[/quote]I jumped into it because he needed to get rid of the clone quickly. So I picked up what I thought were essentials. My plan is veg for another month while I save up for a nice tent and 150watt hps. Im in no rush to flower her just want to make sure shes as healthy as possible.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I do have a fan on her aswell. Just cant see itSent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Day 3 of the droop. Its starting to scare me so I added another light to the bottom. Still only watering with no nutes and only when the first 2 or 3 inches are dry and crumbly. Can anyone point me in the right direction to save her. Pleeeease[​IMG]Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Let it dry out good lift the pot see if its light. U should be able to go days without and then give it a good drench. What size did u say the pots wer?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. [quote name="sticky thumb" post="19406538" timestamp="1390696887"]Let it dry out good lift the pot see if its light. U should be able to go days without and then give it a good drench. What size did u say the pots wer?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]I actually lifted her closer and a couple leaves burned so I switched her around so those leaves were farthest away. I really dont know the size of the pot unfortunately. I try to water only when she really needs it. And just before the picture I sprayed down the top layer but didnt add a lot. Shes not dry to the touch shes actually kind of waxy. And now at a closer look she has some death at the bottom. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. [​IMG]Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app