First time cfl grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lysergikdrip, Feb 4, 2015.

1. OK so my plant looks fairly healthy I'd say. I clipped he tips of some leaves because of either nuts burn or heat stress or something, I don't know the tips were turning sorta white. Anyways the first baby leaves are dying should I clip them and if so should I clip the little shoots next to it. I have limited light and very limited budget I do plan on getting more light though. I plan on flowering next week I think its about a month since it sprouted.

Attached Files:

2. Here's another one

Attached Files:

3. Well one good piece of advice is LITFA......Leave it the fuck alone. Dont clip stuff off of it and dont clip the tips of leaves it stresses the plant and reduces the amount of light its absorbing. What soil are you using? That looks like nice soil

4. Its just a cheap organic seed starting mix lol

5. And thanks it kinda looked like a mold that's why I took such drastic measures to keep her looking good

6. Looks good.  Leave it be, apart from maybe get a fan blowing air at it if you don't have one, and as it bets bigger more light is never a bad thing. 

7. I got a fan I'm just worried about humidity I think thats what's wrong

8. The fan will help with humidity insofar as it will prevent moisture from accumulating on the leaves and drying out the very top layer of soil, reducing the chance of mold.
    What is the humidity, or is it particularly high in your area?

9. LIFTA is great advice. Ive fucked up plenty of plants by messing with them. 

Also are you planning on doing any training to your plants?

10. I'd suggest lst it because of the stretch

11. Yeah I was going to fim it but I'm worried the stress will make it male. I've read that some strains don't like being topped and won't produce as much compared to a plant that wasnt
    Its dry as shit in my area lol its cold and snowy outside

12. Also I'm pretty sure I have watering down. Killed my first little baby from over watering pretty sure it was a pretty determined male because if it didn't die it would probably be double the plant in the pics

13. If its dry and humidity is low, there might not have been a mold issue, probably no need to be lowering your humidity even more. Do you know what your humidity is or are you just guessing? Get a hygrometer/ thermometer if you don't have one.

14. Just guessing buy the weird turning of the leaves that it was starting to do

15. So the humidity is extremely low and you're guessing it needs to go lower? Interesting way to grow... Humidity during veg is sweet around 50% give or take 10%

16. No lol sorry if I confused you but its really dry. I don't have a humidifier so what do I do?

17. #17 killset, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    you buy a humidifier and a large one if its really low. Turn your extraction fan down, if you van. It will fight you. I fight low humidity in the winter, high humidity in the summer. Its just part of growing. Home remedies are not worth it, when your humidity is really low, like mine is. Low humidity isn't as much of a concern as high, but it is a concern. You only get out of your grow, what you put into it.

18. My current location doesn't really get over 40% and is usually around 25%.  You will be fine with low humidity.  It is the high humidity during flower that causes bud rot.

19. I seriously doubt that low humidity is causing you any problems at all, and I would advise against setting up a humidifier unless you have a really clear reason why you want to do that.

For very small plants, i.e. seedlings and cuttings, low humidity can be troublesome because they don't have the roots to supply them with the water they need, they need more water in the air to stop them drying out.  Usually you can solve that problem with a humidity cover, if you need to.  Once you have any sort of root system then the plant can support itself with water from the soil.

The damage to the tips if your leaves could have been nute burn, it is very common to see a little of it on small plants around here. Small plants perfer a lighter soil mix than mature plants, so they get a little bit shocked as their baby roots start to grow into the compost.  If you don't add any extra nutrients while they are exploring the new soil with their roots, you probably wont see any more damage on the tips of new leaves now.

But because you cut them off, we'll never know exactly what.