First time cfl grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FireOne, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Hi everyone this is my first run growing and in search of any advice would help.I started my ladies from random seeds and r doing extremely well...IMO but I'm noticing some type of burn or deficiency can someone loan some advice is it my lights or nutes..please help

Attached Files:

2. Just got topped tonite

Attached Files:

4. #4 FireOne, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    Just a little background on Wat I got going on I germinated 6 jack frost, seeds on 1/16 once sprouted I put them in my soil mix and put them in a dome on 1/20 ,once I seen first sign of green leaves I moved them out if the dome and into my veg room on 1/24 and they been growing good ever since. My other 6 ladies are 3 banana and 3 white widow but those barley got moved into the veg room soooo...
    All my ladies r sitting under 6x 23w 6500k and 6x 23w 2700k all giving out 1600 lumens a piece so that totals out to 19,200 lumens my soil is natures care potting soil which is part peat moss and part coir I've been giving my 6 jf a mild nitrogen mix every other watering and that's about it this is really my second run at this growing thing but my first grow was a fail from the get go, I had the wrong soil wrong nutes wrong lighting wrong seeds (grew from 5 bagseeds ended up with 4 males and 1 female ) man that's was heartbreaking all that time spent just to only come out with one plant lol but hey Wat r u gonna do..

5. #5 FireOne, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    See this burn or deficiency is starting to happen on this one I don't no Wat it is can anyone lend some advice? thanks.

Attached Files:

7. This is my clone experiment I was given a clone of some bubba kush I decided to do a test to see how early u can start flowering and how much can u yield from it so I top her twice let her veg for two weeks and switch her over to 12/12 light cycle which led me to this..
    . 1422983880348.jpg I counted four mini. Colas on top of plant and that's about it

Attached Files:

8. Heyo :) lol. I am looking through my book for you and your sick girl. I might have found your problem. It looks like magnesium deficiency. I researched further into it and it starts off as patches or "spots" like those. Magnesium handles chlorophyll production and enzymes breakdown so the white spots would make sense.

Attached Files:

9. Thank you for the advice it is greatly appreciated by any chance does it say how I can correct it?

10. Of course, no problem. He says in the book that this is actually super common and one of the easiest deficiencies to fix! It usually happens when watering with distilled or tap water that has a low ppm. For a quick fix it says to feed her a tiny bit of Epsom salt. He says one teaspoon per gallon of water.

11. Again thank you I'm on my way to get some epsom salt and some fresh filtered water lol can't have my ladies in this condition lol

12. You are quite the gentleman, treating the ladies right lol. It is never a problem! I just looked through a book. I am no expert haha.

13. Someone has to do it lol I treat them right and they treat my right in return with the ever so beautiful flowers lol

14. Also starting my first cfl grow just waiting on seeds to get delivered to get these babies started lol .

15. That's rite man growing ur own is the best way to go. Wat strain r u gonna grow and how many do you plan on growing under that 300 watt cfl

16. I ordered 5 blue treacle autos I will just try germinate the lot and see what ones pop lol. I haven't got much room in my grow tent and haven't got a clue how these autos grow lol, I think 3 in my tent would be good enough and leave some space but tbh this grow is just learning and trial and error but I will be updating my forum to show ppl how I get on. You habe a nice little set up going on yourself keep it up ;-)

17. Oh ur going with autos huh I just ordered my seeds as well still waiting on them I no with autos they go into flowering stage all by themselves so u have to keep an eye on them that's about it there were made to cut grow time down right I'm assuming I just went with feminized white widow and juicy fruit and Barcelona sour diesel for my seed selection
    Thanks BTW my setup was handmade sorta lol

18. Yeah autos this time till I get the grips of things for myself and they are only 8 to 10 weeks from seed to harvest so works out good for me as trying to keep all costs down to a minimum.
    If I get couple of ounce from them I will be happy then I will just sit back and chill and get the bong out lol every one of the seeds you picked sound amazing definitely need to keep me updated, im new to all this but I nfo im getting just looking throw is brillaint.

19. You are funny Fire lol. Sweetness Davie, I have autos too. I have Fruit Spirit Auto which is white widow and blueberry kush mated. The way I looked at it Fire is since I am new too I can kinda just let them do their own thing and not change the light cycle. It will be cool to see your auto grow Davie if you start a journal link me up!

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1351809-Starting-my-first-grow-journal.-:)