First Time Cfl Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dardotxoxo, Jul 3, 2014.

1. #1 dardotxoxo, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
     hey whats up yall!!!! coming in from wv with a little cfl grow I figured I would try, done about 4 grows before all with mh/hps with my dad and all were good now that i cant do that because of lack of space im going to give cfls a try did a little research and looks like it could work out. so here are the specs im growing a lemon diesel which I believe is lemon haze crossed with sour diesel, seed i found in a nice 2 oz of lemon diesel i had a couple weeks ago. the soil i will be using is foxfarm ocean forest because that's the only brand i have ever used, general hydroponics flora series nutes,currently don't have the micro but have grow and bloom. Last time I grew I used just the foxfarm ocean forest up until the like the 3rd or 4th week of veg and barely any nutes at all and if I did they were extremely diluted. i also built another small little room for clones in the future as well as a tried and true bubble cloner for such the occasion. My lighting is 1 125 watt 2700k cfl, 2 52 watt 4,000k cfl work lights i got from biglots, and for now 1 23 watt 5,000k cfl in worklight reflector. Plan on getting another one of these next week. i painted the inside of my little space flat white and put computer paper on the door for reflection since paint wouldn't stick to the material my door is made out of. I have a small desk top fan in the top right corner of the door for outtake and a box fan on low speed for the intake. stealth is not a big deal for me since everyone in my house is into this kinda shit. Now when you see the pics my setup looks a little ghetto but hey fuck it the only stuff i bought was the soil and 125 watt light. Pics will be up soon as i get my hands on my sisters or dads phone i still use the old go phones no camera...so stick around if you like and see what i can do with some cfls. i also plan on not toping my plant or doing anything with it just all natural, wish me luck peeps and like i said pics will be up within next day or two. The seed broke ground today so the journey begins. open to suggestions about this one since it is my first time doing cfl so all comments and criticism is welcome!!!!!

2. pics coming soon later tonight!!!!!!

3. On your way!! I'll keep popping in. Good luck!! Sounds like a tasty strain. Peace

Butchie

4. thanks butchie ill be updateing about every week

5. just a little something to do really if I get some bud that be great!!!! like I said any input about cfls and if I should top under them or not would be greatly appreciated. those red work lights will be my side lighting later in the grow and I will be getting another 23 watt in there with a reflector just like the last one

6. I am just trying to learn how to use CFL's myself. I'm on my third grow right now if never had a successful harvest… I think the biggest mistakes I have made so far is not getting the bulbs close enough to the plant. Okay… One of the biggest mistakes. Also during Veg I changed from 5500 K to 6500 K and they seemed to respond better to that. I'm running for 26 W CFL and a small micro grow box or actually an old dresser. I am also using a Scrog system. I started out topping and fimming but with the Scrog I'm going to try not to cut anything but clones this time......ok, starting now.

Butchie

7. sweet yeah I checked out your topic earlier and subbed to it. yeah ive grown 4 other times with my dad back in 07-08. he taught me all he knew and ive done an mh/hps grow by myself that yielded about 6 oz off 6 plants...so that aint too bad but trying to use what he taught me on this grow using cfls just for my space and heat issues heard good things so figured why not. I also heard investing in a big cfl bulb like a 125, 250 is worth it ive seen some results in the forums that look pretty damn good to me

8. I read the more mixed the spectrum is the better when using cfls...when I get paid though I wana get some more bulbs to replace the ones in the red worklight cuz I had those lights for like 2 years used on and off for not more than an hour. and that bubble cloner my dad taught me that one too and I used that with him with much success you just have to keep the stems like an 1/8th of an inch under water with the rest in the air so the little droplets hit it...and I use and old sponge for inserts...lol

9. #10 dardotxoxo, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
    I only cloned twice once with bubble cloner and with the old soil with a sandwich bag on top aired out once a day on top of a heating pad...I had a lot of success with both methods in the past

10. yeah I though about a scrog too but my space is pretty tight that's why I might let it go all natural so its gets that Christmas tree shape too it plus I don't want to stress it too much under the cfls

11. good luck and keep us updated. I started my grow below with CFL's, I'm at 5 weeks veg and about to go into flower. Good results can happen from CFL's!

12. hell yeah NGP looking good!!!! and yeah cant wait to see what happens hope it works out for me and all yall growing under cfls

13. I know why people do cfls because of the cost of hid when I was going full blown I had like a 900 dollar electric bill but I guess it worked out financially in the long run
    i was running 2 400 watt hps and 2 400 watt mh
    i might get the old 250 watt hps/mh combo cool tube light for this but i don't know just gotta see how this plays out..

14. made a contraption today to catch rain water since I cant use my tap water because it runs through a water softener that uses salt
    and found a good stream nearby incase it doesn't rain for a while but im sure I can make it off what I collect from the rain

15. With the amount of lumens you have from all those CFLs you are pretty much using a small hid. The varied colors will probably make it work out even better. Good luck and I hope you get a buttload of tasty flower! P.s. yeah it seems like the only difference with using soil for clones and using rock wool is the time to root.. But using a super light seed starter soil seems to work fine for me in a solo cup.

16. thanks mane!!!! and yeah it is a lot of light in there plus adding one more 23 watt cfl once its about to go into flower and those little bastard are 1600 lumens each and my damn worklights are about 3000 each and that big fucker is like 7000
    your grow looks good to mane like the setup!!!!

17. here she is one week from the seed went in the ground
    and again

Attached Files:

18. looks good im in! and as for your cfls your gonna need like 75-100+ watts per plant and kinda try to have light on as many buds sites as possible... im sure you kinda already know just tryin help :)

"The pharmacuetical industry doesnt create cures, they create customers"

19. hey no problem all help is appreciated I got about 262 actuall watts in there right now just for the one plant and plan to add another 23 watter or 2 as it gets bigger. I want to use the cfl worklights as my side lighting for the lower stuff when the time comes