First Time CFL Grow need help?

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by currymike1989, Feb 7, 2015.

1. This is my first grow ever and Im using CFLs I have two 42 watt 2700k and two 23 watt 3500k

I have three plants in total the daytime humidity on the average between 30% and 40% temp. average between 80 and 85 and the night temp between 71 -74 humidity between 40% - 50% 

pH- unknown 
    soil- regular potting soil 

only nutrients I'm using are miracle grow plant food 18-18-21
    and iCaliMAGic 

The stems seem to have a brown reddish color on them?
    And some leaves only have 3 fingers
    One even has 4 fingers? 

Attached Files:

2. #2 MrBelvedere, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    Looks cool, good work. 3 fingers and 4 fingers are normal during this early stage. It is also normal to look green like this in the beginning even if your PH is completely wrong.  Go on amazon and get a PH meter so you can prepare your water.

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity%C2%AE-Accuracy-Measurement-Resolution-Handheld/dp/B00FJFEB2O/ref=lp_393271011_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1423289948&sr=1-1

Make sure the bottom of those containers have holes in them so it can drain well.

Then, fill up a empty milk gallon with tap water and add the prescribed amount of fertilizer. Shake it up really good and let it sit for 24 hours so the chlorine in tap water will evaporate.  Then water your plants and they should get darker green.   

If  your budget allows it, buy an organic fertilizer for veg stage, it will make everything easier because you don't need to worry about over fertilizing with chemical miracle-gro. You will also eventually need an organic fertilizer for when you put it in 12/12 budding stage. 

Nice plants!