first time bedroom closet small scale grow op

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tokingbuffalo, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Yo whats up, people. I have recently begun a growop. Its nothing special. Seeds came from various bags of weed of several different st strains. I have 2 sprouting and beginning to veg. one of them germinated and stayed small and short. The undersides of the initial leaflets and the stem had a dark purple hue to them, lleading me to beleive that its an indica. The other is bright green and taller, looks more like a sativa. Ok, so heres how it went. germinated the seeds in a paper towel on my windowsill. Which is initially where i put the seedlings, but here, in MA the windowsills are cold and the sun isnt out for long enough, the plants looked droopy and refused to grow. so i decided to try to set up some contraption with a portable flourescent light and some tin foil. Almost immediatley i saw improvement. that was last night i checked this morning and the trees have unbent themselves and the first leaves are coming along nicely. I've read alot about growing, but some tips for improving my grow room, or keeping my plants alive would be nice.
    thanks

2. welcome to GC !
    pics would help to make suggestions.
    good luck

3. your on the right track, a lot of people would tell you to take down the tinfoil,,,,

but your ok with it,,, my suggestion would be to ''fill'' the open area you got with plants,,, being from seed you never know which is fem. or male,,,, so start all you can in the space provided,,, because once you sex them,,, there will be some males that must go,,, leaving that valuable space for the ladies.......

flouros. are very low lights,,, youll need a couple in there for your plants to thrive,,, the more you have the better they will grow,,,,,,,

and keep them lights ''real'' close to the plants to advoid ''stretching'':smoking:

4. yo, chicken, dude i dig your plants and the flag,, man. far fucking out. yea. i gotta git up off my stoned, lazy ass and start working on a complete inclosure in there. also, what ratio ferts should i look for. im broke and cant buy any but theres several types of fertilizers laying around the house.

5. well right now in the very early stages of growth, youd wont a soil that is very loose, a lot of perlite , mixed in,

i usually buy a bag of some decent soil, and a bag of perlite to,,'' custom blend''

this grow now, im using,, fox farm,, ''ocean forest'' 19.00 a bag,,, good shit NUFF SAID id recommend you start your plants in a 4'' pot let them get about 5'' tall in there, or throw one upside down about 3 wks. in and look at the root network,,, sometimes it will develop quicker than the plant itself,, as is the fact with, '' ocean forest'' you wont to make sure your ''rootball'' is mature enough for the pot your going to thrw it in,,,,

a small root ball in a 1 1/2 gallon pot, say its 7'' tall and has barely a rootball,, is a recipe for disaster,,,, well im buzzed and have got my fingers tired. fish fertilizer,, '' fish emulsion'' for your young plants is the best starter there is, if you or a friend has a fish tamk '' drain it'' and keep the water,,,, and mix that with normal water,,,, and that w ill sustain you for at least 3 wks. of early veg. growth,,, and you couldnt give them nothing better!!!!!!:bolt::bolt::bolt:

6. heres some pics:
    Mytwo babies as sprouts
    sprouts.JPG
    seedlings
    seedlings 1.JPG
    my bootleg-ass grow room
    growop1.JPG

7. that ''bootleg'' grow room will do,, for a while,, and as they grow,,, you slowly expand that room to make it a little more comfy for your plants,,,,

and once you get it right ,,your ''on'' from then on bhe cool and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

8. wow,,,,, that ^^^^^^^ was my evil post:cool: 666,,,,,,,,,:hello::hello:

9. shit, man, i went away on vacation last weekend and when i got back, the plants had gotten too close to the light and dried up. so i creamated them and spread the ashes in the wind. i'm going to start a second grow as soon as i can get myself organized. I'll keep u posted. peace

10. thats sad to hear the died, did you have someone watch the plants, or was the light on 24/7 while you were gone?

11. no and yes. its all good now though. i've got about 4 new plants growing as we speak.