First Time Becoming Lucid

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pianowski69, May 10, 2011.

1. I had a lucid dream last night. And it felt amazing.

I didn't do anything crazy because it was my first time, and I wasn't sure what to do. And I also think that the fact that I was falling drunk and high as a kite had something to do with it.

I somehow ended up in a huge sling shot and was flung up into the sky's. As I was flying with the clouds flying past me, I realized I was dreaming. That was the moment I became lucid.

I was so excited because I have tried so hard before, but never succeeded. My mind was going a million miles a minute thinking all the possibilities I could do, but all I could do was make the midnight sky that I was flying through change into amazing colors.

I was only lucid for about one minute before I was woken up by my drunken sister asking where her fiance was, when he was passed out on the couch snoring away. Pissed me off beyond belief.

I didn't try to become lucid again because I was wasted and I didn't even know what was going on.

But what is weird is that all the times I tried to become lucid, I was concentrated on it hard before I went to bed. Because that's what I read.
    But last night that was the last thing on my mind. I just fell right asleep.
    It might have been just a fluke, but I'm going to keep trying becuase just that FEELING that I can control my dream was amazing.

2. I've always wanted to have a lucid dream -_- what kind of changes did you make, or techniques did you do to try and make this happen?

I'm jealous.

3. Nice! I remember how awesome it felt when i had my first lucid. I've had like 5 or 6 total, and theyre mad hard to do. All of myne have been from thinking about lucid dreaming, reading up about it in the forums (ld4all.com) and thinking about dreaming in general.

also try asking yourself a couple times a day if your dreaming. Sounds stupid , but it wont be when you randomly ask yourself that question in the middle of your dream and the answers actually yes lmao. oh yeah actually say "no im not dreaming" respond to the question.

i got like 3 or 4 LD's purely from that question alone.

go to that site though that i had. its really interesting and reading it for a little while a day keeps the idea of dreaming fresh in your mind.

4. Yeah I read up on it before and it said that you have to keep thinking about dreaming.
    I also read that before you go to bed, stare at your hands for ten minutes.
    Then you'll supposedly start your dream staring at your hands and realize you're dreaming.

But that's the weird thing.

When I went to bed, dreaming was the last thing on my mind. I was wasted, and just passed out.

What did help is that I read before that if you jump in your dream then you usually fly.
    And I was flying via shot in a sling shot. So I realized I was dreaming. I was sooo excited when I realized it because I've been trying for a while.

But I'll check that site out and hope for the best in the future.

5. Well, there's no set way to induce lucid dreaming. There are "flukes", as well as some people who just seem to be able to no problem, but most of us have to train our brains to do so.

Good ways to do so is write your dreams down every morning when you wake up. Lightswitches don't work in dreams (you can change the lights by thinking), so when you're awake every so often check if the switch works. Another thing is clocks are usually messed up and don't read real numbers (or they're backwards/upside down) so having a watch on you and getting in the habit of checking it often helps as well.

It will make it easier for your brain to understand that what's happening in your dream isn't supposed to happen and you'll become lucid.

6. weird. my only lucid dream experience was very similar to yours. it was after a strange night of partying where I was coming down and drunk. for me though I never really fell asleep but more-so just "walked" into the dream. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I would love to do it again.

7. Congrats, brother... or sister!

Lucid dreaming is something I've been into for a loong time now. There are some good wesites and forums on the internet about it. You can have more and more with practice!

dreamviews.com is the one i've been part of for a while (though it's not as fun as it was a few years ago). You can learn everything you need there. (since someone mentioned ld4all)

8. Sometimes if i eat a sugarry snack before bed, i have dreams that im doing cocaine. Cocaine is bad, but dream cocaine is cool.

9. a dream journal helped me a lot
    i was always tryin so hard with no results so i said fuck it
    why not try the dream journal thing
    well after about a week and recording only 5 or 6 dreams
    it FUCKIN happend
    it was amazing
    and then i had another one a few days later
    jus try it

10. I mostly have recoccuring dreams, I love the places I go to. Its like the feeling of love and freedom and peace combined.

11. I've been lucid dreaming since I was a kid. Hasn't been happening much though.

12. Unless you take supplements. Look into Galantamine + Choline Combo, it will induce Lucid dreaming and is very safe.

You will need the willpower and some basic LD knowledge to have fun with this.

Good luck.

13. I had a look at this thread last night and just read the first couple of posts. I saw it mentioned that you should think about having a lucid dream just before falling asleep so i thought id give it a try for fun. Well last night i had a really weird dream and i knew it was a dream. I managed to create a weird wooden gun thing that fired long wooden poles about 2ft by 2" wide and i seemed to find it very funny to shoot people in the head with it (it was very satisfying :p). I didnt seem to have any other control though which made me confused because i didnt know why i couldnt do anythig so to speak as i knew it was a dream i was in. Then these random people turned up because i was shooting people in the head with sticks and chased me and i scaled a massive chicken wire fence with razor wire on the top with ease to escape the pursuit. Then i woke up. Any lucid dreamers know why i couldnt really control the dream so to speak?

Ed

14. try to feel all 5 sense it increases control, and keep on th emove nd doing shit or ull get autopiloted(put back in normal dream) cuz u cnt do nothing lol(

15. Awesome. I'll definitely try that if i get it again. Cheers dude :smoke:

16. Has anyone ever tried the WILD technique? If so does it actually work?

17. #17 lazytoker, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011

Yes. It the best tech for me. After that would be DILD, from reality checks or recurring dream situations. There's a lot of info on WILD at dreamviews.com. I hear it can take a lot of practice and work if you are not a natural. The hardest part about WILD is not falling asleep, and not freaking out from SP.

SP is cool after you get used to it. Feels trippy, and you get crazy auditory hallucinations.

18. #18 Oblivion420, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Which one do you use? Mind PMing me? I've wanted to have a LD for a long time now. Just so damn hard.

19. I use the WBTB method. Which is a wild. you wake up during REM cycle, stay up for a little bit, then attempt WILD. There is sooo much to read on the subject, i'll just give you the links. (can't find the WBTB tutorial... it's there somewhere)

WILD Tutorial - Dreamviews Lucid Dreaming Community & Resource

Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILD)

Creating a dream journal helps SOOO much. You need to work on dream recall, awareness, and reality checks. Even if you don't get lucid for a while, don't lose hope. It can happen anytime. Plus, you will definitely start getting more vivid dreams and remembering more just by keeping a journal and increasing awareness during waking life.

20. I lucid dream every once in awhile like someone else said when I was younger I would almost every time I had a dream. I remember some nightmares I had I would be able to consciously know I was sleeping and just enjoyed it like a scary movie....if it got too intense I would simply wake up. Cool now that I think about it.