Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time, Bad Trip?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Newperson2368, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Hello, yesterday I smoked my for the first time (0.7g Spliff with tobacco) and I 'tripped out'? Basically I'm worried if it was an abnormal reaction so I will explain. It's me, a few close friends and some other people. We rolled around a 0.7 gram spliff and passed it around, no one else felt anything and neither did I to start with. I didn't feel anything so I toked it very fast and into my lungs, I remember sitting down and it must've hit me hard. I remember my eyes closed and it felt like I had just woke up but also dreaming. I didn't really know a what was going on but I remember people asking if I was okay, when I opened my eyes I freaked out. Evrything I looked at came into focus and the background kind of warped away. I could feel my heart beat insanely fast in my throat and every time it beat it seemed like evrything that was happening changed or something. I felt completely out of body and sick at the same time. I couldn't understand what was happening but my friend told me I was really high and need to be sick to be okay again, I was scared and wanted it to end because I felt so strange. I was sick 4 times and felt all triply for another 2 hours. I was very pale and my eyes were extremely red. I just felt compelled out of it and like I had lost reality. I felt good after the first hours and stayed 'high' for literally another 6 hours. I still feel slightly different after more than a whole day. Was this experience normal or should I be concerned? I have no health issues and just curious about the whole situation. Any help or anything is appreciated. Thanks :)

2. You just smoked too much high quality and 'greened out'. It's normal. Congratulations on smoking your first time. Next time will be better, try smoking less and giving it a minute to kick in.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sounds just like anxiety, and you probably ingested too much THC too soon.

If you have a lot of anxiety and smoke cannabis, 'bad trips' will happen more to you than other people. also if you have ingest too much THCtoo soon that can create anxiety. There is no such thing as a THC.'overdose' because it cant kill you, the closest thing you can get is nausea, tachycardia(fast heartbeat) and tons of anxiety.

I know I have a low THC tolerance and PTSD, which is an anxiety disorder. Some days, even weeks when anxiety is really bad I just dont smoke. I cant go to a dispensary and pick a high CBD(anti-anxiety chemical in cannabis) strain because it isnt legal. If you smoke cannabis again and dont like it, hey it just isnt for you. You're not lame or a stupid nerd, it just isnt your thing

Anyway especially if its your first time you can have a bad time because you dont know what to expect, so that creates a lot of anxiety to start off. Like when I tried LSD for the first time it was an actual 'bad trip'(still my worst to date) because I had so much subconcious anxiety about what it would be like.

Next time it should be a lot better.

If that happens again just breathe and remember its not doing any damage to you and it will be over soon. and weed isnt as intense and doesnt last as long as LSD so you should be fine kid

If it was fake weed(AKA synthetic) then that can cause anxiety too. Just thought I would mention it so you know the difference between real and fake. Google 'synthetic cannabis'. That shit is actually really bad for you. If you're not certain if it was real or not, id ask a friend that was there. And id also not smoke synethic again. Never buy preground, that can be synthetic.

It was probably real you smoked tho, synthetic is a lot harder to come by in my experience.

Damn kid this is the longest post I've ever written, consider yourself schooled in cannabis.

And remember, its just pot, it cant hurt you ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. It sounds like you got way too high for your first time even smoking, next time just take a pull than wait a couple minutes and see how you're feeling, if you feel like you want more just take another hit, my advice is go slow with the first couple times it's going to feel very weird and kind of outer body (depending on strain of course) just take it slow, and relax, eventually you'll be able to function normally whole high it just takes time. Happy toking.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. Another thing is the fast heartbeat can freak a lot of people who have never smoked before out; like really trip out and go into full blown anxiety myself included, if weed is legal where you live try to pick up low thc high cbd it helps with the anxiety and that way you'll get "used" to being high because you don't have a tolerance yet to weed you'll still feel high but with the higher cbd it won't give you anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks for your reply. Yeah my weed was real weed, im not stupid enough to do Synthetic Cannabis as I know the effects and most often that not, a synthetic version tends to be ridden with chemicals and harmful substances. I guess I just freaked out at first because I thought being high would be just a relaxed thing but I was trippy. Felt out of body, lost sense of reality etc. Thinking back it was amazing! I just find it amazing and interesting how this can make you feel and I will be doing it again real soon and hopefully I have a good experience. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, it was just me being nervous about my first time and I didnt ever expect or know that cannabis could effect you in a way. Im happy though and will be doing it again soon :)

8. although, I seem to be getting random times where I feel extremely light headed and like im in a dream when I haven't ingested or smoked anything. Could this be the weed or my mind messing with me? :D