First time autoflower grow please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Valcurium, Aug 8, 2013.

1. New grower here,

I was wondering, if I do a 50-50 mix of Fox Farm ocean forest and Light warrior, will that be all the nutes I need for the entirety of my autoflower's life? I want to have a good harvest but I'm wary of overnuting my plant. 

Also, will this soil mix be feasible? I've heard very mixed reviews of ocean forest lately, a lot of people have been saying FFOF has been burning seedlings, but as I'm new to growing and looking to buy a pre-mixed soil
     I have been lead to believe that this proposed 50-50 mix will be good. 

If there is a fert I should add, if somebody could kindly inform me of the best nutes to add to autoflowers during flowering to produce the best yields, I would be most appreciative <span>[​IMG]
    </span>
    \nbtw i'm planing on growing inside a 22'' pc case with 3-4 CFLs if that makes any difference

2. sorry, I don't know what light warrior is, but here's what I do know...

fox farm is too high in nutes for seedlings but they will survive. your best mixing it 50/50 with peat. then mix in. perlite. you want about 1 part perlite to 3 parts soil mix. when watering slosh a lot through the soil and wait until proper dry before watering again

the requirements for nutrients when the plants are small is a very low concentration. when they are older and larger their requirements change to a higher concentration. so if your using the same soil all the way through, the concentration will drop in the opposite fashion.
    because of this and also because your plants will end up somewhat rootbound due to you fitting it in a small space, you will likely run low on nutes during the grow. I use biobiz range when growing in soil, these work well, but any nutrient that is designed for cannabis will work just fine, just get the dosage right. start off feeding after the plant is several weeks old, and start with a quarter strength solution

3. #3 Doc-J, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    It depends on what strain of autoflower you grow really. You should definetly be good for veg but may need nutrients come flower time.

I use just fox farms ocean forest with 4 parts soil 1 part perlite. Havent had it burn a seedling yet.

Nutrients are like asking what the best tasting food is to eat. Youll get 100 different answers but it really a matter of opinion. All the major brands you see mentioned on the forums can be used with great success. General hydroponis, fox farm, advanced nutrients, roots organic, general organics, and so on and so on.

I just finished drying a whiteberry auto and pulled 88g dry using ocean forest and the general ogranics go box. A nudge over 3oz from one 65 day auto is my kind of math. Her five other buddies all pulled around 2.5 to 3 oz.

4. I don't disagree with any of this - BUT - I can say that three out of four plants in my tent were grown in straight FFOF right out of the paper towel and are doing amazing (two samsara green love potions and a THC clit bomb)

I'm not saying that's the best way - it was the best option I had, but it's turned out excellent

but remember, they won't need any food for 2-3 weeks longer than if grown in zero-nute soil

here are mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. also keep in mind one persons great is another person's poor

6. #6 desertroots420, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    I grew nirvanas short rider in desert dirt last spring with minimal nutes and still got some pretty decent stuff, my girls friend who smokes shwag got lifted more so than she's been in a while. I usually don't grow like that but seeing I had a free seed I said fuck it and decided to put her in the dirt to see what would happen, also I grew some green crack and kaya gold a few years back with only ff ocean forest and a few waterings with fish emulsion and got killer results. If you've got money for nutes tho get em because it could be the difference between good and ganjarific bud....one love from desert roots

7. This is my current photo period plant I have in dirt, it was another free seed from Nirvana, my short rider actually grew up next to her....

Attached Files: