FirSt TimE !!! any Feed back!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pl8k10, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Yo Yo Yo!!!!! HAhAhAHa. Having trouble startin dis whole process up.Well im starting "uno" plant germinated little tail n' all under a 65watt spot gro blue tint already know thats just a temp. was hurrying since it the first time give me credit.Used some potting soil that i had layin around im using regular tap water thats been set out for LIKE a day read thats good someplace.Was thinking of getting couple T5 cfl's further into the growth more light needs to be obsorbed CORRECT?!!!!Its been on a 24/24 for almost a week now good or bad the thing is that the first set of leaves that give life well one is a sorta burnt hope it lives the rest i mean the other set that pops is going strong. Should I have a desk fan already in place?Do i need growth hormones? When can i tell weather M/F and is it good to have either???The place is 4ft 1/2ft X 2 ft1/4 X 8ft 3/4. CAN WE GET BUST FOR THIS??????? Let me KNow....I also have a 105 watts compact Florecent 6900 Lumens WHAT CAN I GET DONE WITH THIS???Any good compounds out their that i should be using and any that i should stay clear of ooOOoo yeah how often should my baby get water and how many times? PEACE OUT holla back How Far should the light be from the container Meaning you understand what i say.

2. #2 Brainfog, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    As the plant gets bigger yes it needs more light, if not, the undergrowth of the plant will be deprived of light from the fan leaves, and the bottom of the plant may wilt away. Since your leaves are established, wait until they are about 3''-5'' and turn the lights on for 18/6. This enables the plant to grow higher, and get ready for the flowering stage. When you put your plants on 18/6, you'll need the fans and the nutrients. Start off slow with the nutes, until the plants can take the full dosage; if you start using nutrients as soon as it's planted, more than likely it will die in a short time after sprouting. Telling male and female apart is a waiting game until flowering, unless you have a cloning/vegging room, and a flowering room, you can tell sex before the mother has fully grown by throwing it into flowering early. Males aren't used for smoking, their flowers do not produce much thc, if any at all. The Female is what produces the buds, and the sticky thc. Yes you can get busted, at any time, any day, it just depends on your ways of covering yourself. If you brag about growing to everyone, show them your setups, have many many people over causing trouble, you better bet the cops will be showing up. Keep it to yourself and your plant. Also the smell during the flowring stages and drying stages can cuase strong odors, which also get people busted. And that light can be used, but find out which color spectrum it is, if it's around 6500k, you can use it for vegging, if it's arond 2700k you can use it for flowering. Compounds to stay clear of... Miracle Grow, I've been reading bad stories about it. Buy all organic potting soil and add your own nutes (I've been reading many good reviews on FoxFarm products). Watering should be done about 1-2 times a day for the first few weeks. After that water it 3 times a day. The light should be within limits of not burning the plant. You don't want the light to far, it can cause the plant to stretch out to the light, causing a really leafy and not so bud-filled plant. If it's too close you will burn the plant and it will die. Hope this helps, and good luck!

3. yeah man thats cool it put out 6900 lumens can it be used for all three stages?
    found 2 cfl's 2,700 lumens for cheap when can i put those to use both or one?
    will it go into shock if i use a different type of soil when transplanting?
    barely figured out that i wasnt using spray bottle should help with the moisture.

4. SHiit just found out the soil was miracale grow how come ppl diss who this i need to change ?

5. Most people don't like it because of the time release nutes they mix in their soil. Alot of newer growers use MG with the time release nutes, and then add new nutes later on, often killing the plant. It's just best to use organic stuff for your first grow, then play with nutes later on in the vegging stage.

6. you saying i shouldnt use anything until the 16/8 stage? I'm guessing the GM has enough or what im not getting it i wanna get some stuff I've seen since i'm on my own for now.

7. someone what you think of my lights do i need more?

8. ive heard that 2700k lumens is better for flowering then Veg, go with 6500k

9. There are stickey's you can read to answer all your common questions

10. im not a fan of the day spot gro light gives off a lot of heat and its Incandescent, so ur only gettting like 15w CFL on it pretty much (when i looked up online about the 150w it was = 36-38 CFL so im just guessing here), u should prob just use the clamp from it for the 105 watt, depending if the 65w can support more then 65w

i bought the 150w agrosun day spot grow light and it just gave off a lot of heat and not much light, so i switched the bulb out for a 105w CFL 5000k spectrum bulb

11. (when i looked up online about the 150w it was = 36-38 CFL so im just guessing here), u should prob just use the clamp from it for the 105 watt, depending if the 65w can support more then 65w

my bulb the new one i got is huge,bright light, and it has a clamp those from a homedepo and lowes. the height changed over night 1inch now, should i worry about brown burnt tip of a leave from the 65watt

12. wait are u using the 105 already? and u should move the light away u dont wanna burn the sprout move it to about 2-4 inches is the range it should be in

13. :smoking:took some pics let me know aynthing or you got some input.

14. It's going to be a while do any more experienced CFL ppl know how i can get a bigger yeild mind sharing the 411.

15. Are you familiar with punctuation and propper grammar?

16. Proper

plk how many actual watts do u ahve on that thing? and how old is it

17. my style as far as my set up its pretty basic meaning cheap or at least to me. Went this way due to space for the smell people hopefully won't notice on here that im a rookie not a professional.

1.)z-105 Watt Compact Fluorescent 5000K Full Spectrum CFL
    2.)Incandescent Equal: 420 Watts
    3.)Color Temperature: 5000
    4.)Color Rendering Index (CRI): 82

Budget = low at the moment
    looking for help on the next stage thinking of a 2700k warm CFL

started germinating a week ago wensday,- potted saturday making it a week growing-
    had it under the 65watt spot gro up until i think this past wensday when my new bulb came in "jjeaahh" got a little happy.- making today the day three=since has grown most of what my pic shows on the 1st page--just take when posted

18. hahaha wow u got the exact same bulb i got, its pretty good so far

19. #19 pl8k10, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    firstly, brainfrog i took your advise and its come with results making me content thus far:wave: beside the fact i have since made minor adjustment to my makeshift setup making for a further stealthier

20. any ideas that will speed the 1st stage process?anyone