First time aeroponics grower

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Mistitman, Nov 27, 2016.

1. I'm actually looking for an aeroponics system that meets the standard definition of what aeroponics are. And by the way fogponics as far as my research goes doesn't work well through to harvest because the atomized water below 5 Microns doesn't distribute nutrients well enough to the roots it can actually sufficate them displacing oxygen. It also has a harder time carrying the nutrients being such a small droplet. Fogponics: A New Spin on Aeroponics - Maximum Yield Modern Growing Magazine
    That would take an ultrasonic fogger, I'm interested in an HPA Aeroponics system ready to go. So I can jump right in and skip all the bullshit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I see very few people that actually know about aeroponics growing but I'm impressed with those who do. Please shoot me in the right direction I'm looking for a system with mist in the range of 30 to 80 Microns (50 being optimal) but I'm sure that range will support what I'm looking for. Also I know having a backup plan is a great move considering the likelihood a breakdown running your whole crop. I'm going to build this into a hybrid system. I know during this transition I'll lose most my trichoblasts but I won't lose my entire harvest which will be saved. This is what I went through using a drip feed hybrid system-drip feed/deep water culture. At least that's what my goofy brother called it. Anyways I'm on my own and have considerable funding so i don't want to go through his total loss myself. Thanks

2. anyone?

3. I wouldnt put too much stock in stuff posted by guys that sell aero systems or myths about aero hardware being completely unreliable ;) Trichoblasts are the cells that elongate into root hairs, root hairs are called root hairs. The standard definition of aeroponic, in most cases, is twisted to match whatever system is being labelled as aeroponic.
    The definition is not as important as the criteria that needs to be met by the system. Namely, to evenly distribute 5-80 micron droplets in a quantity that maintains an ideal aeroponic environment for the stage of growth. Avoid anything that comes with a drip or any other kind of hydro add-on. A system that meets the citeria will have enough control over the mist delivery that it doesnt need any add-ons.
    HPA equipped with an accumulator and solenoids comes close but its not a perfect match. To meet all of the criteria you have to take a completely different route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the reply.

What do you think about this one? Nutriculture Amazon 16-Pot Aeroponic Grow System

I'm looking into starting my very first system, and have a very low budget...

5. The amazon is a low pressure sprinklerponic that uses a maxijet pump and 4 spinning sprayers.
    If cash is tight then its not the worst choice for an off the shelf starter system. If it helps, I have one in my aeroponic arsenal, a radical upgrade was needed to tap the hidden potential ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks a lot, hopefully I'll have it with me soon

7. I've ordered mine, just waiting a few days to get it home.
    Question is, do I really have to keep the pump running 24/7? What's your experience with it?

Thanks!

8. I would use a timer cos the standard spinners deliver a lot of water. You`ll need to experiment to see how fast the spinners drench the roots and use that as a guide for the on time setting. I doubt you`ll need more than a minute in any case. The off time should allow the roots to dry off a little but not too much. A lot depends on the temperature, root size, etc but 4 - 8 minutes off is a reasonable place to start, again you`ll need to experiment but its easy enough. If in doubt, err on the side of caution and run them on the wet side so they dont keel over ;)
    My amazon is not standard with 120psi mist. I normally run it 2 seconds on, 3-5 minutes off (day) and 2 seconds on, 5-10 minutes off (night).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks a lot, the seller recommends it to run 24/7 but I was concern about the pump getting hot, the water getting warm, and the roots getting too wet.

10. He`s probably just reading that from the brochure ;)
    Its easier to overwater than underwater with sprinklerponics, aero roots need less water so dont be surprised if you need to use a fairly long off time. Keeping the chamber temperature within bounds is "the" most important thing.

• Like Like x 1