First time - acid or shrooms?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by relakit3, Jul 27, 2009.

1. I FINALLY got a dealer with shit other than weed. Thank God. I've never tripped before and was wondering if I should do acid or shrooms first. I think I want to try acid, but everyone says shrooms. I'm not scared at all about tripping so maybe that will affect your decisions. I heard mushrooms are more expsensive, too. Anyone care to explain the differences?

2. #2 Arteezy, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
    Here are their Erowid links:

Shrooms

Acid

It's better to just look them up for yourself rather than everyone try to explain their unique experience. Drugs are different for everyone.

EDIT: Shrooms will almost definitely be more expensive, so I guess it depends whether you want to trip for like $5-10 or $20-$30.

3. You should try mushrooms first if you've only smoked weed before but thats my opinion...other people will tell you differently

4. honestly i dun think it matters ive dun shrooms first but it was a very small dose..and i upped the amount i ate over a while..then last year i did acid and did it like 15 times after that...the differences are nothing you will really be able to understand untill you try them both, so theres really no point in having people tell you what they think is diferent..

I would suggest ether a Half 1/8th of shrooms or one hit of acid...then go from there:)

EDIT: yea read everything on erowid like the first post suggest, thats how i learned everything about the drugs ive experimented with

5. I've done other drugs, just not psychs. Is acid much more intense? I'm leaning towards that unless someone can give me a good reason not to. I've done a good amount of research but wanted something for my situation.

6. be different and unique and chose wat you want bro!

good vibes yourway..

p.s. shrooms!

7. Go with acid. You'll have a better time :] And it's really not as intense as it may seem, as long as you don't over do it!

8. acid is easier to control than mushrooms. I did mushrooms first, so i guess it doesnt make much of a difference

9. mushrooms first definatly
    i wouldent do it any other way

10. Why do you say that?

11. first time i did shrooms i freaked out, first time i did acid i had a blast

now i can take em both and be fine

just my .02

12. I did shrooms my first times with psychedelics and I feel like it was better to start with, it's shorter, and you kind of have less control over it so as long as you're in a good environment your trip kind of leads itself.

13. same as this guy...did shrooms first but since ive had experiences with both i would definetly say acid jut cuz its a more controlable/enjoyable trip...and lasts way longer and it less $

14. #14 Nurbzy, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
    To be honest, start your entheogen "career" with something like MDMA or a 2C-x family. MDMA isn't exactly a trip but its a good start into other experiences, and I say a 2c-x substance since they are VERY forgiving and hard to have a bad trip on. Shrooms have all ways been a confusing but nice trip to me, far more dreamy/cartooney. Acid is much more vivid and makes much more sense, though the sensory confusion can freak some people out (seeing what you hear, hearing what you smell, ect.)

Just research before you walk into it so you know what to expect, start small and work up, can all ways dose more but can't remove a dose.

To me personally, I would chose acid since it is harder to obtain, the trip is cheaper and *better* to me, and lasts longer. It's also as every one else has said, less confusing, but there can be some bodily discomfort. Shrooms all ways make me feel sick, not terribly, but the nausea from its pretty bad, something which I don't get with acid.

15. u dont need to start out with mdma first at all...i tripped like 15 times before i took a roll for the first time

16. I would start with mushrooms to determine if you will even like psychedelics, they are not for all people. If you enjoy mushrooms, and want to further explore the whole psychedelic experience than go ahead do what you have to do :)

-C

17. I'd say try out mushrooms first, just to introduce yourself to Psychedellics and the visuals that come along with it, since you've never experienced the visuals it'll be a more brief introduction to what you want.

18. I would say it really depends on the type of trip you are looking for. Shrooms may be more practical than acid because of the shorter duration of the experience, however lsd tends to provide a more "user-friendly" trip than shrooms. So, objectively it is your decision - just make sure the guy isn't selling bathtub acid, if you do decide to go down the route.

19. I have found shrooms to be more intense. Harder to control your trip. If one thing begins to bug me on them, my whole trip can go from good to bad in a matter of minutes. I've done them 9-10 times now, and experienced this 2-3 of them. All other trips were amazing though.
    ^This. Everyone has thier own idea of what acid is like before tripping. So far, everyone I've talked to about it (including myself) has found that it was far different than expected.
    Contrary to popular media portrayal, there were no pink elephants, I was never tempted to jump off a building and fly, etc. It was like my whole world was in 3d, high deffinition. Colors popped out at me, everything was awsome, I was in an incredibly good mood, pure bliss. Even when I saw things that would bug me, Id quikly forget about them and continue enjoying my trip.

I found LSD to be a much easier to control trip, and would gladly take acid over shrooms any day.