Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time A Little Nervous

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tokecat, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Hello guys, I'm thinking of trying weed for the first time but I'm a little nervous, the only thing I've ever tried in the past was that spice stuff (the skunk new breed of weed specifically) when it was legal and it was awful, gave me a bad panic attack, does that mean weed will give me panic attacks to? or is it alot better. The spice stuff just kinda turned me off from the whole smoking thing but Id like to give it another try 

2. Stray away from synthetic Cannabis, that's false weed and could actually kill you. But when you do have access to real herb: have a cold drink, music with headphones (the music will steer you away from being scared), lay back and enjoy the high.

3. You may get different opinions in this but from what I know, "spice" shit is awful and will easily give you a panic attack. Nobody should be doing that shit. Real cannabis (good cannabis) will not be like the "spice" shit. Just start slow and don't try to smoke too much your first time.

4. Order a pizza before hand, oh order two. :)

Relax and enjoy!

5. The effects of spice are so unique and powerful yet not quite like weed. Honestly it is a better experience imo. However start slow with weed. Take one hit to start. Not a big bong rip either. Ease into it and have water at hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. spice gets me mad fuckeed up but I do not consider it a better experience lol.

if spice gave you a panic attack and you only took like one or two hits then weed is probably gonna have a similar effect but not as twisted.
    But if you smoked like a straight blunt of some powerful spice then probably not much to worry about with weed

7. That spice stuff is sooooo grosssss!!!! And just so you know, every time you smoke weed, it will probably be a little bit of a different high every time since you probably won't get the same strain everytime. Some give you energy and they really make you wanna start a project, and some make you sit on your couch for hours if you don't fall asleep! Lol. Take ONE hit and wait five minutes before you smoke more. Enjoy it, because you'll be trying to get "that" high, that first time feeling, for the rest of your life if you enjoy it and do it wisely :) Welcome aboard my friend! Enjoy the clear mind :)

Listen to this guy he speaks the truth!

9. never heard of spice??? try some sour 

10. just keep it natural and do it in a friends safe house or somewhere you won't get caught, especially the first time, don't smoke in a car to anything, you wanna enjoy it your first time

11. Weed has never given much such a horrible trip like the one I remember getting from spice, I really hope it gets taken off the streets entirely eventually. Since it's your first time, I suggest you use a pipe or a joint, as the rush you get from smoking a bong can be a bit much for those who aren't used to them, but it really differs from person to person. The best thing you can really do though is just be with friends whom you are comfortable around and can trust, and toke it up in a familiar place that you feel is safe.

12. Take it easy your first time, being an everyday cannabis hobbyist(lol) it cracks me up when I see threads about people wanting to "try weed" and being nervous about it. In my mind I see as a herb that helps me relax and just have a better time than usual. I forget how it was when I first started to smoke, back then it was an experience. *sigh*
    I need a tolerance break.

Depending on the quality of your herb, I recommend you take 2 hits then take a couple minutes to settle in then continue if you feel brave.
    You may feel weird body sensations such as tingling or heaviness. Your clothes might feel weird against your body and you miss feel like you're sinking or melting into whatever you're on.
    Your thoughts might seem scattered, keeping track of time will be almost impossible, and you might start giggling for no reason.

When you feel the need to eat take it easy, at this point your stomach is a black hole.

Colors may seem brighter, everything might have a dreamlike look.

This is all from personal experience, don't be afraid OP, just let go and have fun with it.
    Don't let your thoughts race into a negative tangent where you make yourself paranoid either, it's important to be in a safe environment.

13. I've smoked spice and we shared experience's. I smoke weed almost everyday, much more manageable high, better taste and better smell.

Listen to @[member="vapelife"], dude knows what he's taking about. Take a hit or two, wait 10-15 minutes and see if you feel absolutely ANYTHING abnormal (for you, not for a pothead). If you feel even the slightest bit different give it another 10-15 minutes and you should be feeling the full effects. If after 30 minutes and you feel nothing, double the dosage and repeat. Don't eat before you smoke, if you get too high, eat something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I have see people get panic attacks because if weed. Its happened to me. And the 2 times that i did all i really needed was chillax. It shouldnt happen but if it does just remember NO ONE has EVER died from weed and also if u feel ur self start to trip out on ur thaughts go listen to some music or make a some bomb ass food. The only reason i smoked again after my first time ( tripped out my first time cause i was alone ) was because i was trippin at first then i went down stairs ate some tacobell and it was the best thing in my life. So i decided to try it again just because it made food taste godly. Anyways im baked as shit and sorry if some of it didnt make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I hope you dont mean alchohol. As good as that is for us expierenced tokers, for the first time alcohol shouldn't be in the equation. That is a recipe for disaster. Do it with some buddies, dont do too much at once, take a hit and chill. If you are rolling a blunt you don't have to smoke it all, always save it for later. You will be blazed quick. But just make sure to go in with a good vibe and your high will be good. You will probably cough, but that's a sure sign you will get off  :bongin:  Happy toking!