First time 5 gal dwc 4k49 auto

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Winston baker, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Can anyone please help me what going on with my baby been in the bucket for about two weeks pH is at 6.3 water temps stay 68 indoor temps stay from 76-80 and humidity is around 60 this is my fist time it has just a tiny couple roots coming out of the rapid rooter it did have a long single one but broke but it still has some coming through I got the water touching the bottom of the rapid rooter it has 2 3 inch air stones in the bucket it's like the growth just stunted I have no idea what to do I'm just making sure I can still save it I need help ASAP questions welcome grow tent is 12x12x42 I use led grow bulbs I need to know how many bulbs to run for right now I have 9 bulb on the panel

Attached Files:

2. PH is 5.8 not >6 for hydro. And hydro is very critical on PH and PPM, but you get 3 times the growth rate as dirt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How high is the water in the bucket? I'm on my first dwc grow ever 9 days in I have 2 going and from what I understand you have to have a half inch to a inch air space between the bottom of the mesh basket and the water..if I read your post right your said you have the water right up to the rapid rooter?? Its peat like so to me I think your overwatering in hydro depending how big a root you have as your seedlings look like that yellow droopy overwater look to me....take my info with a grain of salt as I'm on my first Indoor grow 4 weeks in soil and 9 days in dwc....check that water level is all I'm getting at essentially...good luck man.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. 8 days old here 20190817_181901.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would just like to say that in my experience you definitely have to have the level of water at least an inch below the net pots. I think I messed up once or twice by having the water level too high. It was like the roots where happy with just the slightest bit of water instead of "digging deep" for it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ^^ This

Your ph is is too high.

7. Also maybe try using a HPS, they produce more heat but I heard they are worth the investment!

For your set up though since your in like a 4 ft tall tent LED would be a better choice. Maybe get a stronger LED bro..? I agree with maybe your over watering but also your lighting could have an effect on your result too.