First time 250w hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chris82uk, Dec 29, 2016.

1. A few photos of my first grow.
    Hoping it looks ok ?...
    Day 22 of flower
    250w hps
    One plant
    Pineapple Chunk
    Canna cocoa
    Nutrients : Canna a + b

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you're 22 days into flower your buds should be a lot fatter try opening them up to more sunlight and giving them more phosphorous, potassium and less nitrogen if possible

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I topped it before flower and that's about it. I've not tied it or anything.
    Will be happy with with 2 ounces as a yield as it's only for personal use and I don't smoke much.
    I tried a 600w lamp to get fatter buds but due to my whereabouts and a small tent the heat was a problem hence the 250w lamp.

4. the plant looking good for a 25ow sodium lamp ,,thats what i use on 'my grow' by mactheman ...your welcome to pop in any time ,,,,,mac.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What do you usually yield per plant ?

6. hi Chris ,,to tell the truth mate ,ive never weighed what i get off a plant ,,,as i am only growing for myself i dont bother ,,,like this last little grow i did all i know i got more off the black rose x than i did off the jilly bean..lol...plus i go by the high if i got a good high i am not worried and i'll grow that plant again ,even if the yeild was low ,thats all i care about is the high and stone so i'll growjilly bean again even though the yeild was a bit smaller ,the high and stone was great,,,,mac

7. Hoping to get enough to last me till the next one.
    I probably only smoke a gram a week so I think just over an ounce would be enough to see me through to another yield.

8. Are you 22 days from switching the lights? Is that where that number can from?

9. Yup

10. Hey
    I just started a pineapple chunk, got a chance to smoke some a few months back and was REALLY happy with it, so figured I'd grow some.

Looks great, ima follow along

(€};-]

• Like Like x 1
  11. For my first grow I'm just happy with how healthy she looks and the fact I haven't killed her !

12. Ok disregard the others guys post about fatter buds because when you first switch the lights the plant does a lot of streching before it starts to put on bud weight so you'll be all set, plant looks good, do you have a way to check the trichs as you get closer to harvest?

13. Not yet kind sir.
    Was going to get a jewellers loupe or a magnifying glass ?....

14. I think as long as whatever you get has a decent magnification % you'll be fine

• Like Like x 1
  15. It looks really healthy. How long did it veg for? Flowering days really shouldn't be counted until plants show definite signs of sex. That can be up to a week after switching the lights to 12/12, if the plant isn't fully mature before the flip.

Just a tip... You can top off your pot with fresh soil to give it some fresh nutrients. The covered stem will also grow roots to help feed the buds.

2'x2', 3'x3' and 2'x4' - Multi-strain

• Like Like x 2
  16. It vegged for 5 weeks under the 250

17. I flipped mine 29 days ago Dec 2nd 12:30am. It didn't show definite signs till Dec 7th. I don't count the first week, so mine is 22 days today. If so yours should be a bit further along...
    20161229_123438.jpg

18. 5 weeks is a pretty mature plant, but not mature enough to show sex in veg. Your 22 days of flowering is probably closer to 16-18. Don't let that number be a guide as to when they're done. It's just an arbitrary number.

2'x2', 3'x3' and 2'x4' - Multi-strain

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yeah id say 7-10 days. I switched mine 5 weeks 5 days of Veg, and they hadn't shown signs then. 7 days after 12/12 it showed, 7 days after it showed it looked more like yours. I'd say it closing in on 2nd week. But like Charlie said these numbers should not determine when you harvest just a rough timeline.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris my dude it's looking nice I got any pics of it before you put it in flower?