First Time - 1 week into flowering - How am I doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CloddyDodi, Mar 4, 2017.

1. #1 CloddyDodi, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Thank you in advance for all of your honesty and advice!

So here's what I have going on:
    Bagseed (from sometime in the past 10 years)
    Miracle grow organic nature care soil
    Veg'd for 8 weeks (started sketchy with grow lights from Home Depot, moved up to Mars Hydro 300 after about 4 weeks) 24/7 lights. I have 4 Mars 300's (ordered 2 and amazon shipped me 4! Freakin sweet right!?! It has happened to me before, I bought 2 big tanks for my vape and they shipped me 4... and then another 2! 6 for 2$! I regress, sorry)
    I realized my 2x4x4 box wasn't possible to have a yield to my liking (efforts) and not have 2 areas (veg/flower rooms). So now it's my veg box inside of my 5x5x8 room
    After about 5 weeks I got my Remo nutes (micro, grow, bloom, MagNiCal) weekly regiment following their feed chart
    Vegging in my box at about 4 weeks
    IMG_3085.JPG

Here's a terrible pic of what my room looked like a couple weeks ago before I switched to 12/12
    IMG_3116.JPG

Check out my girls! They all have grown at consistent rates, so their sizes are fine in my opinion... the smallest one was all my slow kid ;) Again, not the best pictures but they should get the point by.
    IMG_3173.JPG IMG_3175.JPG IMG_3177.JPG

Can anyone help identify if these are girls? I'm posting one of the buds and another of the stems... I can post better pics tomorrow when they area back to lights on...
    IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3178.JPG View attachment 2259399 IMG_3179.JPG IMG_3176.JPG IMG_3192.JPG

My run here, I just wanted to let them do their thing and I only topped them once to get few more big tops. I have spent a lot of time over the past 6 weeks reading and learning a lot on these forums so I'm excited for the help!

I'm sure I forgot some obvious details, so ask away... thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm new to growing myself but the pics u posted are of a female. You can tell by those pistils that are growing in between nodes. Also there's a lot of purpling stems from what I can see. Sometimes that's strain specific but it looks like you might have a cal-mag deficiency. Just my 2 cents

First grow, let's do it together!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! You have some good stuff going on with your grow and some info on your thread! Happy growing!

4. Thanks man, wish I was as far along as you but it's cool being able to look at other grows to see how you can improve your own. You did a nice job making her bush out. Definitely interested in seeing how this finishes out. I will say this tho. For the next run it'll probably be well worth it to stay away from miracle grow. From what I hear even the soil they package as organic is loaded with synthetics and pretty bad for your girls. I'm gona post a link here that you should check out. Are you using any nutrients or fertilizers?

5. Yeah Remo Nutes
    I'm hoping my little gal will produce 20-25g. Medium one produce 40-50g. Big girl hoping for 60-80g.... I'm just crossing my fingers. I have a seed I got out of a bag of Bubba Kush that going next which I plan on topping a few times, and cloning. I have Remo root gel, is it possible to clone the tops? Would it work if I let them grow 2-3 inches? Since I know that strain, it's the one I want to clone for a while to get comfortable before I buy "some real strains" of my choice

6. #7 MarcG420, Mar 4, 2017
    There's only on picture in that grouping that shows a pistil all the others merely show stipules, so I don't know what that other guy was saying about all the pics being females.

[​IMG]

For future reference this is how to tell the sex.

Edit: the pistil is in pic#9 but it's not even a good enough angle to tell for sure if it even is a pistil... Try to get a pic by some nodes that are fairly new, I've always found them to be the easiest to find pistils.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. #8 MarcG420, Mar 4, 2017
    On closer inspection I think I see a pollen sack in pic #6, can't tell for sure though since I'm looking at it on an iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Edit: P.S. This is what pistils look like:

[​IMG]

8. Yeah, pretty sure I'm just working with stipules right now... I'll inspect closer tomorrow. Thanks for the chart and your pic

• Like Like x 1
  9. I didn't realize how many different plants he posted but check out pictures 7 and 10, I'm pretty sure I see calyx. Not sure about the rest

10. I can't definitely tell the sex from those pics. I suggest you clean up the dead leaves or you're asking for bug problems. Keeping things clean at all times is very important.

11. Balls or buds?! These are of the same plant... IMG_3200.JPG IMG_3203.JPG

12. Bananas or stipules still? These one of 2 different plants
    IMG_3201.JPG IMG_3202.JPG

13. Female, rejoice! Make sure to get that male away from her though...

At least it looks female in that blurry pic.

Edit: The more I look at it though the less I'm sure, might just be a super light stipule...

Check out my grow:

First grow using cfls.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/First-grow-using-cfls..1439770/

14. Purple/red stems are normal when using "burple" lights. It's fine unless there any other signs of deficiency.

15. Ok, kicked that guy out of the girls only club! I also finally got my fan and filter... a little undersized for the space, but I'm sure it'll work good enough for a year or so. IMG_3209.JPG

16. Attached Files: