first tattoo ideas...need help

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by PigsOnTheWing, Apr 11, 2011.

1. ok so im gonna get my first tattoo soon and i need help thinking of ideas. i want something to do with animals but i dont know what. my dad got one of a big lizard wrapped around his right calf looking over at a dragonfly on his left knee and that one is awesome. one idea i had was of a big octopus on the back of a shoulder wrapping its tentacles around the shoulder and arm but i dont know haha, any ideas you have would be appreciated

2. First it should have meaning to YOU. If you need help, ask others where they got their inspiration from for their tattoo, but don't ask others what you should put on your body.

Second, if you get an idea, wait a couple months and think about it. If you still think its what you want by then, then go for it. Sometimes you'll think of something and think its bad ass, but if you think about it for a while longer you may change your mind and realize it was just an impulse decision or you just wanted it because it looks cool.

Also, make sure you look / ask around for good tattoo artists and find someone with talent. no hasty decisions.

3. Look at yourself in retrospect. To your deepest core. We can't tell you what you see.

4. get a giraffe

i like giraffes

.....get something that YOU want

5. Get a giant gay purple dragon across your entire back.

6. i like gay dragons ;)