First System/Game?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TommyCrossbones, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I was just wondering what their first game and/or system was?

I remember when I was young going over to my friends and playing The Smurfs on his Atari 2600 (until he got Donkey Kong), that was probably my first game. Didn't own a system of my own until I got a Nintendo a few years later, but damn did I play it into the ground, I think I went through 3 of them and still have a working one and the first one I ever got in my games closet.

So what got you started?

2. Nothing special. Super Mario/Duck Hunt gamepak that came with my Nintendo when I was like 4 haha. I think my parents have a video of me beating the piss out of one of Bowser's last levels when I was that age.

3. First system was a NES... first game was probably either Empire Strikes Back or Battle Toads

4. i got a sega genisis that came with the jungle book game

5. NES - Super Mario Bros.

6. Commodore 64, we had 5 games. One game called Lazarus was particularly enjoyable.

7. NES
    Super Mario Bros/Baseball

I myself like the baseball game a bit more at the time, I mean I love SMB, but the baseball game was mind boggling to my young mind. I still play that game to this day.

8. Nintendo Entertainment System with Mario Bros./DuckHunt & Ms. Pacman :D

9. NES

legend of zelda, mario and duck hunt.

10. Mortal kombat for the n,64 fuckin epic game

11. Well I've been playing games since around the age of 2 or 3... Maybe even a little when I was 1... I mean, I probably wasn't very good, but I still did it.

At that time I had an NES and I would play SMB and Dr. Mario with my rents.

But what really got me started on gaming hardcore was SNES and Super Mario World and Killer Instinct. Around when I was 3 or 4.

And yeah, I still game it up on the old school systems. But I think that's a trend now... One that is ruining these classics... *sigh*