First Super Lemon Haze Closet Grow, First Scrog

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Absolute JeenYuss, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Hey yall I have started my first grow with a Super lemon haze feminized seed and one lemon kush bag seed unfortunately the lemon kush was a male so had to rip him outta there.  I'm using just a closet thats about 2 feet deep by about 4 1/2 foot wide and probably 7 foot high I built my own scrog and am using a 400 watt HPS for flower and had 6 CFLs for veg. Currently on day 37 of flower and had a question about a nute deficiency I'm seeing.  Most of the leaves in my canopy are fading to a yellowish color and little spots of brown, I am using the Humboldt Countys Own 4 part nutrient set with Micro, Veg, Bloom, and Mag but not really sure what exactly the deficiency is as I don't have any previous experience so any help, knowledge, or suggestions would be great and really appreciated. Below are pics of grow so far and the last 8 pics are from yesterday before lights came on.

Attached Files:

2. #2 CL4P-TP, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    cal/mag

more Cal def. then Mag

3. Ok great thanks for the help with this problem, what would you recommend for me to fix this problem before it gets outta hand? They're last feeding was 2 days ago and i had bumped up the mag a little more during that feeding

4. Im not quite done with the grow yet Chris I still got probably around 3 weeks I have lately run into a problem with a nute deficiency as you can see in those last few pics and wasn't sure what I could do to help stop it from spreading more than it already has if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it

5. That's actually a little more common with the slh. My slh always goes spotty yellowish brown the last couple weeks. Just keep going and flush last 2 weeks. It'll still be fire.

6. Well I took a look at the trichomes and am already starting to see amber spots my goal is to probably go with 50% Cloudy and 50% Amber any guesses on how long that may take?  Also this seems kind of early they've only been in flower for 40 days anyone else think this is early?

7. Does seem a little early. I suppose you're counting 40 days from the first sign of a pistil? If you are, that doesn't sound too far off. If you're including the first 10-14 days of 12/12 where there aren't any flowers, then it would seem like a fast flowering pheno. 

Trichomes will still mature a bit after you pull the plant. 

It's similar to how fruit ripens after it leaves the plant. 

When the plant is still 'plugged' into the ground, it's constantly chlorophyll to plant sugars. Since chlorophyll isn't a very stable compound (bright sunlight causes it to decompose) the plant is continuously synthesizing chlorophyll to maintain a supply of chlorophyll. When you remove a flower from a marijuana plant, there are still biological processes going on. During cure, there is no sunlight available and the water supply stops. Since chlorophyll isn't being produced anymore, the chlorophyll eventually all breaks down and turns into plant sugars among other things. 

All in all, the plant still continues to mature a bit even after you harvest. In my experience, trichomes also still mature slightly.

I've always hypothesized that curing the entire plant, without removing leaves, adds extra moisture for those biological processes to pull from. Obviously these processes need water to progress. Leaving the leaves on while you hang and dry your plant could be helpful since it adds more water reserves for your plant to complete the conversion of chlorophyll to less gross tasting substances. 

Those buds look like they are done, but it can't hurt to go another week or two if you're questioning it. 

8. tried this outdoors this year. with those that made it through the storms at least

a couple of the girls were cut trim & shelf dry( like we used to always do ). most we cut, trimmed fan leaves, then hang dried. and 2 others were hung up to dry only ..nothing removed.

the buds on the trim and dry are much differnt that teh ones hung up to dry then trimmed... was not able to see much difference between the Fan Leaves on Vs.. Fan Leaves off. cept for mold content.

but the difference between the dry then trim Vs the trim then dry was extraordinary IMHO. enough so that I'm willing to take the hit to our bag appeal, in favor of robustness to the palate. may lose a couple of the club kids looking to get nugs for rep pics..but I'll bet we  pick up the slack with old timers who got used to bricked Lumbo and could care less about looks. 

@OP

sorry for the OTD :eek: :hippie: .  stoners you know...

I'm with Pyro , those look done enough as to not really leave a lot of room to adjust B4 harvest. and they do look close.... didnt even bother to notice ripeness earlier :blink: ( that's really really bad of me FTR :mad: )

9. Well I just gave the last feeding about 2 days ago and then its gonna be water from here on out for prob bout 2 weeks I'd say since I want to get some more amber trichs showing up and Pyro I'm counting it as day 40 from switch over to 12/12, which is why I wondered why it was finishing up so quick with the SLH being a 9-10 week flower normally but it does smell incredible and I'm looking forward to trying it out 

10. Well I was looking at the plant today and i remembered that I actually had my first pistils show about 13 days before i switched to 12/12 cuz I was waiting on my new light to come in so I'm really at day 55 of flower counting from first signs of budding and i did a close up look at the trichs and am starting to notice some more amber I think i may chop at the end of this week

More pics to come up later so yall can tell me what yall think about it.

11. #12 Absolute JeenYuss, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    Well I went ahead and did my first harvest this weekend everything went smoothly and got it all done in relatively good time now I cant wait to start my next grow but after hanging and initial weight loss my dry weight from the one plant was 67.35 grams which I'm pretty satisfied with for my first go at it. Its all jarred up now and Im ready for it to give me its true flavor and smell thanks for the help and for stopping by.

Attached Files: