First successful time feedback.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Good Coffee, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Hey all, Ive always tried growing but always ended up with dogs eating the small plants or knocking them over. Finally ive had a stable plant growing for almost 3 months now. I started it as a random seed from a pouch of seeds I had found in an apartment I cleaned out. Unfortunately when I started, I didn't have any soil and where I live is very very clay rich soil, mostly clay. Being under the circumstances of a germinated plant with no soil, I used the clay and mixed as much fresh soil as I could find also letting it dry as much as possible when mixing so it didn't clump as much and mixed better. I've used, 2 60watt florescent bulbs the entire grow period, one over the top about a 4 finger width from the crown of the plant and the second on the side facing more downward to get light to the other branches being blocked by the higher branches. I wanted the plant to be about 5 ft before switching to the flowering cycle but have grown at a very slow pace the last two weeks, almost a complete halt in height growth (although new leaves and branches are forming lower down). She seems overall healthy which is surprising Givin most of the dirt is clay (with a fresh layer of topsoil on top). I poke holes gently into the soil to airate the soil and prevent mold or root rot, also open the window with the fan on it a few hours a day. I water with a mist bottle and spray the sides of the pot to try and create a little humidity. I snapped a few pictures. Let me know what you think and how my progress is going. Shoot any tips or advice my way.

Edit: also attached a picture of my 3 girlscout cookies I just started a week ago, this time they have soil, no clay. Growing good and faster than my big one did, infact they got soo tall they couldn't support their own top heavy weight and we're laying on the soil at one point. I placed screw drivers in there for a day or two to support them and all turned out great.

Attached Files:

2. Get yourself some quality soil
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest is good. Mix the soil with 25% perlite. Next, get some better lights. You will never get good buds with the lights you are using. If you must use fluorescent use higher wattage.
    Personally, I use 1000 watt hps/mh and get kick ass results.

[​IMG]

Good luck and happy growing!

Sent from Cannabis Heaven

3. How was the yield on that plant

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I got 9 ounces from it.

Sent from Cannabis Heaven