First Succesfull Grow :cfl

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bagofdank, Jun 10, 2013.

1. whats the cheapest and best wasy to go for flowering?

2. In what way do you mean? Do you mean lighting or nutes?

3. lights sorry about that

4. Well you need to aim for about 100w-125w actual per plant for a start although if you had about 3-4 lights totaling about 80w and spread them out around the plant you would be ok. And I'd say between 5-8 weeks of veg state (depending on the growth of the plant) the switch your lights from 24/0 straight down to 12/12. If you haven't already got one it might be an idea to get a timer switch ready as then you don't have to worry about switching the lights on and off. Also when starting to flower never open the grow area up during the dark cycle, this can cause stress to the plant and make it grow male bits as well as female bits.

5. also known as a hermie i take it?

6. That'd be the one lol.

7. lol is it normal for it to stink prety noticable when you walk in the room while  its in in veg?  and being this small?

8. I've had this issue lol I'm not sure I thought it was mainly the bud not the leaves

9. #29 bagofdank, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    oo i forgot i also have acess to fresh chicken poop would this be good for throwing in the dirt and mixing around?  and or coffee grounds and egg shells like i use for a medium for my garden?

10. I do believe you could make up some soil but it would need to be composted and I think it wouldn't be any good for a seedling but if you starting off in something like a party cup or small seedling pot then transferring to a larger pot at around 3 weeks it would be ok as most seem to say no nutes till after 3 weeks of growth due to high likelyhood of nute burn. To be on the safe side I would say make a weak compost first and try that and only fill your pot so far, say enough to get it to around 5 weeks then you could add a stronger mix on top. Or transplant from a party cup into a slightly bigger pot with the weak mix in then transplant to your permanent pot with the stronger mix. But I would encourage you to research before hand first. I'm sure there is a thread that explains how to make an organic compost on here somewhere

11. got another bulb installed today untill i get my 4 way bulb plug and my coco peat then  things should move along nicely

12. I wld say def get...or at least START with a few cfls....not just one....I'm using 4 26watt cfls for one plant...again I'm not an expert, but from what I've read it shld be at least 100 actual...not equivalent wattage--at the minimum for each plant....its not too late to save her! :D

13. when it was in smaller pot i had it proped on some carbaord underneat a 3 light fixture now thati transplantted to bigger pot i can keep it up there so i order a 4 prong bulb adapter and ill be running 8 lights soon

14. Sorry! I replied before I saw you added another bulb

15. its all good main still good info you posted

16. getting readdy to top sthe two toppss i have gottn from the first topping lol will post pics before and after in  a day or 2

17. Go to your local garden center.. Not Lowes or home depot . a garden center a nursery. Get pro mix .. Its great and get more lights .. Seriously .. Shop light for flowering .. Idk all I know is you need 2700k cfl the highest actual watts you can find.. I saw 50 actual watt 2700k cfl atv Walmart I think it was around 12 bucks .. You atleast 23 or 26 actual watt cfl in the 6500k spectrum to veg. You need a lot . so just get ones higher wattage CFLs .. Or go with a bunch of smaller watt ones.. Just get more lights and at least get some good soil. Good luck brother I'm going to follow your grow

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Sorry didn't see you are getting soil and have already gotten more lights...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. once again ll good man still great info unleased in there =P

20. okay i checked on my plant today a couple times and i noticed there are brown lines on the leaf stems on the top side  dose this mean anything or?