First Stealth Box Grow (w/ pics). Need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420pigeon, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Man its been so long since I've posted here. I'm a long time smoker, first time grower. Unfortunately, I've had some financial problems so I had to move back in with my parents and now I'm doing a stealth grow. I have 2 plants but I'm hoping for a 1 plant grow.

I know this has been asked a million and one times (trust me, I know. I've been googling for over an hour) but the leaves are curling down and I don't know why. The leaves look green and healthy but they just curl.

So I'm using one 19w 5000k CFL that I'm currently running 24/0 (except I turned it off last night for 2.5 hours when I went out because I was stoned and paranoid) and Vigoro Organic Potting Mix (I know, I know. I'm planning to switch to Fox Farm or Pro Mix HP when I transplant.) I'm also running a desk fan indirectly sometimes. It's directed at the wall rather than the plant. I still feel like it's too much wind though and it gets too cool in there.

I attached some pictures of my plant and my grow box.

BTW, my grow box is complete shit right now. On the 19th (day 12) I'm planning to put a surge protector on two of the walls and put two 19w CFLs in each surge protector for a total of four 19w CFLs. I'm getting two computer fans and mounting them to the wall so i don't have to leave the door open to use the fan. I'm also getting bright white paint to replace the white paper.

Anyways blades, any feedback on my setup and future setup or my leafy situation (lol:smoke:) would be much appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Really hard to see with your pictures man. Get the light closer in the meantime though :)

3. Yeh move the light closer and the curl might be from overwatering. Otherwise it looks healthy. When they're that small you only need to water like once a week and mist it every couple of days.

4. That's what I thought at first but I havent watered it for 6 days when I first put it in the soil. It's still moist though.

And I posted before and after pics of the light. I moved it closer. I'm hoping it wont burn it. I'm hearing 2-3" is a safe distance while it's a seedling. And new picture of curling

5. Also your soil looks pretty dense. Get some perlite or vermiculite and mix it into your soil mix to help keep the roots aerated.