First Setup a bit of help..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Santorini, Mar 27, 2011.

1. #1 Santorini, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
    Hey What's up guys,

Basically I just moved to a new city, don't have any connects, and just want to start growing for my own personal use (2 plants). So I have a few questions (I've read up on the subject just want an expert to tell me if I am missing anything and if this will workout for me) Also i am looking for any suggestions...

The closet I am putting my growbox in is a good size, probably 10ft H x 7ft Wx 2ft D. I want to grow 2 plants if possible. See my box below:

I found this box, just not sure if it would be deep enough or not....

Future Growbox

Supplies:
    What Light?:
    Feliz 200 Watt CFL Grow Light 2700k (or) Feliz 200 Watt CFL Grow Light 6500k with Reflector

Other Supplies
    Digital Thermometer and Hygrometer
    (1) 4 1/2 inch Fan
    Duel Timer
    Carbon Filter
    Ph control kit
    seeds: (Sour Diesel x4 , Blue Cheese x4 )

If you see anything that needs changed please help me out, I'd gladly appreciate it :)

2. Why don't you just take the 7'x2' closet put up some 2x4s and a sheet of drywall and make 2'x2' room?? Then use a 250w lamp which will give you about 62w per sq ft. and grow using the scrog method..

You will get a lot more bang for your buck then spending 90 bucks on something which is a lot smaller than if you spent maybe 25 bucks.. :confused:

3. Sorry forgot to note that I am renting an apartment and using our third bedroom (guestroom closet) for the grow... :-/ or else I would defiantly do that :)

You think everything above is suitable?

4. Well if you're going to put it in a guest room closet you're not planing on using that room for guests right??? Because they will hear the pumps and fans and wonder what's up in that little box in the closet..

If you're NOT going to use the room for guests, then just get a grow tent and set it right in the corner of the room and be done with it..

5. #5 Santorini, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    Yea the guestroom is just kinda like an extra room for storage, and IF someone would come over I could just move everything to my closet in the master bedroom.

Thanks for suggesting a grow tent. I wouldn't have thought about it before, was thinking more of a wood box..

Thanks to your help just ordered these a few hours ago:

Secret Jardin DR60 Tent (should be good for 2-3 plants right? Stavia dominate)
    Light: Sunleaves 250w MH/HPS
    4'' Inline fan & Carbon Filter
    (2) feminized Sour Desiel (2) feminized Blue Cheese

Was going to go with 4 seeds of each but I figure 2 of each is plenty enough for something smaller like i got...

Also I think I might run into an issue, Assuming I get everything started by the end of next week, I am leaving 9 1/2 weeks after that on vacation for 4 days (June 6th).

I really dont want to wait until after vacation to start growing as that is when I was hoping to harvest right before the vacation starts... I think it should be very close to harvest...Any suggestions on this?

6. Ya that may pose a problem...

Because you're looking at least 30 days veg (should more like 6 weeks) then flowering time for Sour Diesel is 75-80 Days and normal flower time for a Cheese strain is the same..

So you're not going to be done before you go on vacation..