First serious grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kushedkiller, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Okay, I registered here today after being a long time fan of the site. I registered specifically for growing tips. I decided today would be a good day to start the "growing season" as the rain is moving away and the sun is out.

I have a lot of seeds of KB (Killer Bud) aka high quality shwag. I read somewhere that SOMETIMES the seeds can sprout by just popping them into the permanent soil. Last time i tried I germinated by putting the seeds in a moist paper towel for 2 days. Unfortunatley my plant died from lack of sunlight from being on my window sill. It grew extremely tall in one week and toppled over and died. What did I do wrong (besides putting it on the window sill). I was told to water the plants 1-2 times daily. I started germinating a handful of seeds today and popped two unsprouted seeds into two seperate pots. I plan on growing outdoors, should I grow in pots or plop them directly into the ground? I have a 6 foot tall fence around my backyard, but I live with my parents and am really afraid of them finding them because they told me they would call the police on me if they do.

So I guess I have a couple of questions. Pots or ground? What do you do when it rains outside? Is it true that dogs will eat the plants if they get a chance? And how many times should I water my plants per day?

2. mmm you need a lot of things the correct ammount of light the right growing medium nutes etc, and you might have overwatered your plants. You don't water by a certain ammount of days you should let the plant dry out a bit before giving them a good watering again. To answer your question yes a dog will eat your plants a dog goes by one thing and that is his nose and it turns out marijuana tends to have a very sweet smelling pungent odor.

3. Don't grow in your parents house without their permission especially if they told you they would call the cops...that goes passed being irresponsible to plain stupidity (im not calling you stupid im just saying) You would have to basically hide a cannabis plant from your parents IN THEIR BACKYARD for months without them finding it. Im going to assume that this is not possible.

4. You need to READ! Lots to learn my young grasshoppa.

5. yea if your parents warned you before that if they find any plants they will call the cops it would prob be wise to just wait till you have a place of your own. :)

6. #6 TRaiz3351, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    Don't do it bro. If YOUR parents aren't down with it, then you shouldn't do it. There are only 2 reactions you would get from someone who happens upon your plant

1. They smoke bud as well, and eventually, they will come back while your girl is in flower and take all/most the bud.:mad:
    2. They will go berserk due to Federal clouding their heads with anti pot propaganda, and report you/ your family to the authorities.

Now, imagine what it will be like when #2 happens.
    DEA is going to come down on your parents like a HAWK. Even though it's not their plant, nor were they aware of it, they will still be prosecuted and sent to jail like it was theirs. You might, depending upon your age, be taken from them and sent somewhere else, and anytime you DO talk to them, it's going to be through a telephone.

And just imagine your parents. Last time I checked, male and female inmates aren't kept with each other. You would destroy their marriage if they were sentenced. And after the whole ordeal, how do you know if they will even WANT talk to you? You just lost everything they had over a few plants.

Just ask yourself, how will you feel, or even live, knowing that your parents are on the opposite side of some glass window for the next 10-20 years if you got caught?

All of this, for your 'wants'

I'm just saying, it's a real fucked up way of showing your parents your appreciation for everything they've done for you (Provide shelter, food, clothes, and all of the unnecessary things that you received (Presents, Games, Toys)).

I still live with my parents, and I had the EXACT idea you have now just last month. It took someone on these forums to make me realize what I was doing could end up disastrous.

However, just because I choose not to grow (out of respect of my parents), doesn't mean I can't study it. I come to this part of the forums frequently, and I've learned A LOT from reading so I can be prepared for when I have MY OWN place. I've actually been helping my brother grow various fruits and vegetables out in our garden, so I can get a feel of what it is like to grow things.

Prohibition sucks, and we all know it doesn't work, but until it all stops, we have to go without things we WANT for the sake of others.

7. + rep well said brotha :hello: