First Serious Grow-Lots Of Questions-Pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IGotLuv4Bud, May 8, 2007.

1. Hey All,
    This is my first serious grow... As you can tell I'm very limited on space... I'm doing this grow just from bagseed, I don't want to mess up anything expensive... I have a couple questions though... First, the yellow/brown spotted leaves at the bottom of the plants... What's that from, and how can I fix it? Second, the three leaved plant, wtf is up with that? Thanks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The drooping could be from over-watering, make sure your soil is nice and dry before watering, the dryer the better. Under-watering is ez to fix, over-watering not so much.

Have you started Ferts yet? If so, what strength are you at? If not, could be n deficiency, start feeding.

Have you flushed them? If not, next watering flush em with pH controlled water (you want a pH of about 6.3-6.8) with about 3x the volume of the pot the plant's in.

How old are these plants? They don't look bad, just need some tweaking, good job so far.

3. Thanks, I just bought a reflector to go over the lights to try to get some more lumens out of them and another fan... I'm hopin that'll spring 'em up a bit... They're close to 5 weeks now... I started giving them nutes about a 2 weeks ago... I didn't even give them half the dose they were supposed to have... And for the watering, I thought it could be an under watering problem, cuz I was only giving them water about every 4 - 5 days, but the soil would be stone dry, so I do it about every 3... And the only one that really seems to be droopy is that damn 3 leaved one... That thing is driving me crazy... I wanna know what the hell is up with it...

4. Soil takes longer to dry out under CFL's, it may be dry on top but poke your finger down about 1-2 inches and you'll feel moisture.

The 3 leaved plant, could just be a mutant, it happens, alot of people also sugges that mutants produce more bud (I haven't had any experience so won't tell you definitively) if you can keep em going the way thru.

When you started nutes how weak did you start? Most people recommend starting at about 1/4 dose and working your way up.

If you haven't done so yet, give em a good flush, they'll love it, then go back to the ferts at a lower dosage than what you're at now. Are you using ferts high in N? Thats what they need for vegging. For flowering you want something with high P.

Check your water and soil pH, could be nute lock out causing the problems, you want to keep the pH slightly acidic, if not you can get Nute Lock Out issues which are similar to what you're plants are showing.

Take pH adjusted water and water the plants with no nutes, then test the pH of the run off coming out of the pot (preferably the first few drops)...that will tell you for sure what's going on as the water passes thru.